• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

1 Week Today.....and I'm still happy somehow!! :)

NewMee

I took the steps to STOP smoking after attending the Bariatric seminar last month and hearing the MUST quit smoking for your stomach to heal properly and also the other great benefits to quitting! I had been trying for months through taking Chantix but couldn't stop all together which was frustrating! It took hearing the surgeon at the seminar say, the procedure WILL be refused if you're a smoker. Knowing also, they can tell through bloodwork, there was no way of hiding it except to be honest and quit so you can say truthfully, "I don't smoke!". I really want this surgery and I see the surgeon on the 23rd for the first time so hopefully I can start this great journey of a NewMee!!

Looks like the surgery will benefit your health in more ways than one! Congratulations! Keep determined to go through with it. It will be hard.. Find the will power! Good luck! Keep us posted! Oh I thought it was cool, I am from "Lancaster, CA" I don't live there now, but I was born there. Just thought I would throw out that coincident!
Crystal

Thank you so much for the great words of encouragement!! I love this support group which they mentioned being in one in person but it doesn't hurt to be in more! Isn't that something to have lived in a place called Lancaster as well....small world! Thank you for sharing your experience and helpful tips because I'm allowing it to all soak in! I know I won't know everything before hand but it makes me even more confident having an idea of what to expect and ideas I can try such as reading that walking and deep breathing excersises will help with getting the air out post op, lessen the pain, and a fever reducer to prevent lungs from filling up. I have a 12 week course being scheduled to meet with the team that will help guide me so I will help share as I learn also.
Best wishes to you and everyone on your own journeys!!
Melissa

Conrats melissa on your total journey. I also quit smoking 4 months before my surgery, i never in my life thought i would b able to quit, i was a heavy smoker, i also used shantex i dont think i could have done without it, what a difference, i feel great, its been 5 weeks since surgery i can breath good,smell good, taste things better and i dont stink:):) im walking further than i ever thought i could and my lungs dont hurt. keep your goals in front and the outcome is so much sweeter.

Back