• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

1 year anniversary 10k

gzar

361 days since surgery, wow what a life empowering & changing event. I have worked hard for my loss and even harder the past few month for my gains in fitness & health.

I am also a recovering ex smoker of 27 years, nicotine free for 4 years now.

Today I ran a 10k race, just over 6 miles. 5th place in my age group, 75th overall and Im proud of that pace. Next year im determined to improve.

Oh my God, gzar! You look amazing! In fact, you look kind of skinny. Congratulations on your placement in that race, and more congratulations for doing it in the first place. Your numbers are amazing. You are a fine example of how to do it. I can't believe I was here when you arrived and I have watched you get to this point. I know it hasn't been accomplished without difficulty and discipline. But as Roseanne said, you are a shining star, and an inspiration to all of us, no matter how far along in our journey we are. Thank you for sharing your story and your journey with us!

Back