• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

1 Year Anniversary Today!

fuww57

Title is self explanatory. This is my new birthday. My weight loss is now 170 lbs. which I was hoping to hit today. Just got under the wire. Already had my follow-up visits as I previously posted. With cholesterol of 118, blood glucose of 72, and A1C of 5.0, and normal blood pressure, I really feel like a different person. The other evening I got up from watching tv and decided to take a 1 mile walk. I wondered, "Who is this person?" The journey continues as I hope to lose more weight and keep it off. I understand that is the most difficult part (as reminded by my surgeon, the body will want to restore the weight) but having the awareness and support are valuable tools. My head has been turned around and I think a big difference is that it has finally sunk in this time that I don't not lose weight in order to be able to eat the bad foods again. I lost it so I could say goodbye to them and be content. So, happy birthday to me!;)

Title is self explanatory. This is my new birthday. My weight loss is now 170 lbs. which I was hoping to hit today. Just got under the wire. Already had my follow-up visits as I previously posted. With cholesterol of 118, blood glucose of 72, and A1C of 5.0, and normal blood pressure, I really feel like a different person. The other evening I got up from watching tv and decided to take a 1 mile walk. I wondered, "Who is this person?" The journey continues as I hope to lose more weight and keep it off. I understand that is the most difficult part (as reminded by my surgeon, the body will want to restore the weight) but having the awareness and support are valuable tools. My head has been turned around and I think a big difference is that it has finally sunk in this time that I don't not lose weight in order to be able to eat the bad foods again. I lost it so I could say goodbye to them and be content. So, happy birthday to me!;)

Happy Belated New Birthday!!!

Cheyenne :cool:

Happy Birthday! You did it and no one can take that from you.
Thanks! And congrats on your success! I graduated from physical therapy (for knee arthritis) today. Another problem tackled thanks to the weight loss. Celebrating with yet another cruise on Monday. I have my workout regimen already planned and it's not centered around the buffet either!;) When I return I hope to have an updated photo of myself. I'm down about 20 lbs. since the last one.

Wow another 20lbs that's awesome. I celebrated by going on a roller coaster...lol
Thanks! And congrats on your success! I graduated from physical therapy (for knee arthritis) today. Another problem tackled thanks to the weight loss. Celebrating with yet another cruise on Monday. I have my workout regimen already planned and it's not centered around the buffet either!;) When I return I hope to have an updated photo of myself. I'm down about 20 lbs. since the last one.

Wow another 20lbs that's awesome. I celebrated by going on a roller coaster...lol
Sounds like fun but last time I did a roller coaster (Everest Experience at Disney's Animal Kingdom I got so lightheaded and dizzy after I got off (I was fine during the ride) that I announced my retirement from thrill ride. It's A Small World is about as wild as I can get these days.;). I do have some other things I want to try now that I'm below the max. weight like a zip line and a helicopter ride.

NOOO, don't give them up! The trick is to remember to breath. I find that if I scream on the way down, I do much better. lol

Back