• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

10... 9... 8... 7...

9 hours and 40 minutes I will be experiencing my first ever upper GI. After that I will go directly to the surgeon's office for a look-see and I hope to be home by the middle of the day but if she decides to do some sort of procedure I guess I'll be there longer.

9 hours and 40 minutes I will be experiencing my first ever upper GI. After that I will go directly to the surgeon's office for a look-see and I hope to be home by the middle of the day but if she decides to do some sort of procedure I guess I'll be there longer.
Hi Diane, i used to work in radiology, an upper G i isnt that bad. You just drink some barium, which shows the esophogus, stomach and the small intestines on xray. As you drink they will give u intructions how to position yourself and take xrays. I wish you the bests on the results!

I wish you the bests on the results!
Thanks, Weezy. That's exactly what happened and everything was fine so I didn't even have to do all the steps. But that did not reveal strictures, which is kind of what I was hoping for, as it would be the easiest fix of all the possible problems. No ulcers either, of course. They are very broadly considering hiatal hernia but most likely that isn't the problem. The surgeon is sending me for an endoscopy with a tech who specializes in bariatric endoscopy so he knows what to look for and where to find it. Now I'll be waiting again for a phone call.:rolleyes:

Thanks, Weezy. That's exactly what happened and everything was fine so I didn't even have to do all the steps. But that did not reveal strictures, which is kind of what I was hoping for, as it would be the easiest fix of all the possible problems. No ulcers either, of course. They are very broadly considering hiatal hernia but most likely that isn't the problem. The surgeon is sending me for an endoscopy with a tech who specializes in bariatric endoscopy so he knows what to look for and where to find it. Now I'll be waiting again for a phone call.:rolleyes:
Glad to hear that you are through with that stage of the investigation. I hope they resolve this quickly for you!

I'm certainly glad that they didn't find anything worrisome at least. Fingers crossed that they can get to the bottom of this for you asap. Good luck!

I'm certainly glad that they didn't find anything worrisome at least. Fingers crossed that they can get to the bottom of this for you asap. Good luck!
Thank you Brenda, I just got a phone call, or rather, a message was left by the bariatric nurse. So I need to call and set the endoscopy up. I will keep everyone posted.

How are you doing? Update us!

Thank you Brenda, I just got a phone call, or rather, a message was left by the bariatric nurse. So I need to call and set the endoscopy up. I will keep everyone posted.

How are you doing? Update us!

Yes, please keep us posted Diane, I'm crossing my fingers for you that they can get you back to feeling good!

I'm doing well, started using my under desk pedal exerciser last week and love it. Each workday, I've been logging between 12-15 miles. It's not strenuous at all (have it on level 2 of 8) but it's still the most exercise I've gotten in years. Oh, and I was able to eat my first salad this week!!! Before surgery I never thought that a salad was something I'd crave! Go figure :)

Yes, please keep us posted Diane, I'm crossing my fingers for you that they can get you back to feeling good!

I'm doing well, started using my under desk pedal exerciser last week and love it. Each workday, I've been logging between 12-15 miles. It's not strenuous at all (have it on level 2 of 8) but it's still the most exercise I've gotten in years. Oh, and I was able to eat my first salad this week!!! Before surgery I never thought that a salad was something I'd crave! Go figure :)
I was looking at those things online at Amazon, thinking about getting one. Which one did you get?

I was looking at those things online at Amazon, thinking about getting one. Which one did you get?

I went with the DeskCycle 2: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BDRFMZK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It was a little pricey but totally worth it. They have a website where you put in your info (height, weight, age & resistance level), and it will track your progress. I believe it can actually work with a Fitbit but I don't have one so I just use the site to calculate my miles, calories burned, etc.

I got a fitness tracker off wish for like 5 dollar with shipping and handling and it tracks just like a fitbit. I like it. It has been on my wrist since I have got it. It is water proof and all.
Mama- I love the Wish website. I've been looking at them, too, on Wish! I want to get the loaded watch that tracks sleep, steps, blood pressure, heart rate and all the test. The problem with those are that they need to be charged frequently.

Yes but the one I got is easy charge and a quick charge. As you sit down for dinner put it on charger. Or as you take a shower. Mine charges with in 10 to 20 minutes. I even bought an extra just in case it did not charge fast. But tells you which app to get to connect it with your phone and all. Mine vibrates when I get a call and txt on my phone. I love mine the only time I take mine off is to charge it. and that is usually when I take a shower.

Back