• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

10 Weeks Post op

Rhondab71

Hello all, I am new to this.
I am a few days past 10 weeks post Gastric Sleeve. I have been slightly bummed because I have stalled for almost 3 weeks. I have been reading some post on here about stalling early in, is 10 weeks normal to stall? I have lost 45 pounds. I go back for my 3 month follow up on the 28th and was sure hoping for another 5 pounds, but at this rate and christmas lurking I am not sure it is gonna happen. I did great for Thanksgiving and did not give in to anything. I am hopeful Christmas will be the same.

I am a few days past 10 weeks post Gastric Sleeve. I have been slightly bummed because I have stalled for almost 3 weeks. I have been reading some post on here about stalling early in, is 10 weeks normal to stall? I have lost 45 pounds. I go back for my 3 month follow up on the 28th and was sure hoping for another 5 pounds, but at this rate and christmas lurking I am not sure it is gonna happen. I did great for Thanksgiving and did not give in to anything. I am hopeful Christmas will be the same.
Sounds like you're doing great. I'm not where you are but I do know that this is totally normal. As long as you are following a healthy plan, I believe you will be fine. However, expect weight loss to slow down at this point.

You are just a few days ahead of me. I will be 10 weeks on Monday. My nutritionist told me the 3 month stall was to be expected but if it lasts more than 3 weeks I need to take a look at my nutrition and make sure carbs aren’t sneaking in and I’m tracking my food. My issue right now is getting enough calories in. That can cause a stall to last longer too.

I’ll be 12 weeks on Wednesday and have experienced a couple of stalls that lasted a couple of weeks. I think it’s just your body adjusting to the weight loss. During those times I noticed that my body was still changing and that the scale didn’t necessarily reflect what was going on. Always look at the non-scale achievements and stick to plan. It will happen!

I can't really evaluate anyone else's progress, but I'd suggest checking your post-op eating plan. I lost 35 pounds the first month, 25 the second and 15 the third. Then I stalled for months. To break the stall, I began working out and hiking. The rest of the weight--a total of 115--melted off, and then my body settled into a comfortable place.

I think I posted my post-op diet on my profile. If not, if anyone is interested, send me a private text and I'll email it.

Back