• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

100 Miles

CoachJHill

So this month, I have pushed myself to walk/run 100 miles. So far with 3 days to go, I've got 92.5 and with the weather looking good, I should meet my goal. I have added in C25K, i 'm on week 6 and this past Saturday, i had sub 15 minute miles. I'm so excited and look forward to my time getting a little faster.

So this month, I have pushed myself to walk/run 100 miles. So far with 3 days to go, I've got 92.5 and with the weather looking good, I should meet my goal. I have added in C25K, i 'm on week 6 and this past Saturday, i had sub 15 minute miles. I'm so excited and look forward to my time getting a little faster.
Super Awesome!
Running is my favorite exercise as it's the highest calorie per hour burn rate. I did a C25K 3 years ago then ran my first 5k race with my sister battling lung cancer. You should consider finding a race near you and doing it - it's really a great accomplishment, and you deserve it.

I finished the month with 108 miles and I’m just started week 7 of C2k5.
As far as local races my town puts n 7 real ones and 1 virtual race. So far the first 4 have been postponed with the next real one is set for August. Looking forward to it.

Still at it? How's your mileage? C25K all done?

I talked to my daughter about the 100 miles per month idea - and we both agreed it sounded really great. However it turns out, very difficult to see through during the vacation season. I'm only running about 60 miles per month, and walking another 24-30. My 17yr old daughter is up to running a very slow 1.5 miles continuous and improving weekly - we both hope she'll pass up her old man one day and I'll be the one struggling to keep up! It is amazing to have a buddy, somebody to help keep you motivated & accountable...and somebody who actually understands your own running struggles & accomplishments.

I'm trying to become a runner; I love the idea of it. Always have. However I was a smoker until 4 years ago so only recently is my cardiovascular system finally ahead of my aching body. And I also never fully realized how much my overweight self was holding me back. I am about to hit my long-term goal of running 6 miles continuous 3 days weekly, and I think i'm going to start marathon training just to keep myself pushing for a goal and maybe, just maybe, run an actual marathon in a year or two. We are going RV'ing next week at a beautiful place Arkabutla South Abutment in Coldwater, MS and I'm looking forward to running along the lake & over the mile long dam. Will be a nice change from my treadmill, though I'm going to miss the air conditioning & shop fan blowing on me lol.

Still at it? How's your mileage? C25K all done?

I talked to my daughter about the 100 miles per month idea - and we both agreed it sounded really great. However it turns out, very difficult to see through during the vacation season. I'm only running about 60 miles per month, and walking another 24-30. My 17yr old daughter is up to running a very slow 1.5 miles continuous and improving weekly - we both hope she'll pass up her old man one day and I'll be the one struggling to keep up! It is amazing to have a buddy, somebody to help keep you motivated & accountable...and somebody who actually understands your own running struggles & accomplishments.

I'm trying to become a runner; I love the idea of it. Always have. However I was a smoker until 4 years ago so only recently is my cardiovascular system finally ahead of my aching body. And I also never fully realized how much my overweight self was holding me back. I am about to hit my long-term goal of running 6 miles continuous 3 days weekly, and I think i'm going to start marathon training just to keep myself pushing for a goal and maybe, just maybe, run an actual marathon in a year or two. We are going RV'ing next week at a beautiful place Arkabutla South Abutment in Coldwater, MS and I'm looking forward to running along the lake & over the mile long dam. Will be a nice change from my treadmill, though I'm going to miss the air conditioning & shop fan blowing on me lol.
Yes I'm still at it, I completed the C2K5, now i go out and run all on my own, matter of fact, this past Saturday, I set a new PR at 41:07. So stoked that i'm getting faster.

Awesome! I hope you stay with it.

My morning inspirational view waiting for my coffee...

And 30 minutes later...

Looking forward to repeating this tomorrow morning

Back