• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

1000 points

I just got an alert telling me I had won a "prize" for receiving 1,000 likes! There is a file somewhere here that tells you what trophies are awarded for, but the question is, "So what?" I tried finding some kind of payoff for winning a prize & couldn't. I was about to email Kevin, our moderator, but then I decided to go to the store here to find out if they have information.

They do. Turns out 1,000 points equals $10 off on your next order. I've never shopped at our Bariatric Food Source store, and they are the people who sponsor this group. It probably costs them a lot of money for the space & all the bells & whistles, and they have to hire someone to do the IT & keep the place running.

So I'll go look to see if there's something I want to buy. With $10 off, I should be able to get a better deal on something than I get when I shop locally.

Thank you ALL for the Likes & other reactions you've given me. You're responsible for me getting this gift. Again, I urge you to make sure that when you reach the bottom of someone's post, you click on the Like symbol before you leave. It DOES have actual, tangible value, and it's a way to say thank you.

Here's the store if you haven't been there: Bariatric Food Source | Best Prices Online Guaranteed! You can also reach them from the Forums page by scrolling to the bottom.

Here's my prize history (giggling like an idiot here):

Back