• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

11 days post op

Diane Foust

I am 11 days post op and doing pretty well. I don't have my follow up appointment until March 13. I have been doing well on liquids and proteins too.
I slept flat last night(rather than inclined). That felt pretty darn good. I did have a pillow pressed against me though.
What I am struggling with is that I want to chew something. I am a look looking forward to them saying that I can have a scrambled egg or something.

I am 11 days post op and doing pretty well. I don't have my follow up appointment until March 13. I have been doing well on liquids and proteins too.
I slept flat last night(rather than inclined). That felt pretty darn good. I did have a pillow pressed against me though.
What I am struggling with is that I want to chew something. I am a look looking forward to them saying that I can have a scrambled egg or something.

Its amazing how addicted we get to chewing! I know I miss it.
I am apparently in for the liquid long haul with 2 weeks post op clears[todays my last day], then I get 2 weeks of full liquids. I dont get to have mushy foods until march 21st.
Its funny how some eggs or tuna salad can become so desirable.
Hang in there - you will be chewing again soon enough!

-Piper

You said exactly what I said to my husband the other day about the chewing. My post-op apt is also on March 13. So far everything is going great! Keep us posted on how it goes?

You can chew! There are melt candies that are calcium, you can chew, and you can always chew something and spit it back out, don't suffer! :) Congrats on your surgery!

I have been chewing some ice. I go in two days. I will make it. I have gotten quite a variety of different drink mixes from bariactricpal.com, so that helps with different flavors so I am not bored. And most of the fruity drinks have 15 grams of protein in them.
I am back to cooking for the family. They are very happy. Just need help with lifting sometimes.
Thank you for the advice on chewing.

Diane

Back