• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

11 Months Out

Javajoy

Had my 11 month check up yesterday. No weight loss last month but considering it was during Christmas and I did not gain I did not feel too bad about it. Been having problems so did not get a fill yesterday. What a relief! Band has been tight especially in the mornings so have a new plan. Shake for breakfast, no big deal as I like them (however, the nutritionist did not want us to replace an actual meal with a shake), increase protein intake and fluid intake as much as tolerated. And don't eat anything solid after 7 PM. Thank heavens all the Christmas junk food is gone so I won't be tempted anymore. Also noted that I am walking longer distances without my walker but still not enough to count as exercise. Tried the treadmill but pressure on the joints causes severe pain so had to give that up and cannot ride a stationary bike due to hip problems so will have to wait for summer and the pool. Overall they say I am doing great with a total of 53 pounds lost. I am still doing better than the five pounds a month average they want. The second half is going to be slower than the first half. I think my age has a lot to do with it being so much slower. Good luck to all on this journey to becoming healthy. Joy

Back