• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

15 years out

BarbaraCK

My surgery was June of 2009. I started at 250 and lost 147 lbs. I actually lost too much weight and ended up malnourished. Got up to 120 and finally settled at 150. That was a great weight for me. My health was great and I was able to get off of all of the meds from the health issues I had prior to surgery.

Now that I am 15 years out, my weight is now 180 and I am fearful of it going up higher.
Any suggestions from those of you several years out would be greatly appreciated!

"Wow, it's been 15 years and now you're 180 pounds, that's great! My wish is to not exceed 200 pounds, I'm scared of getting there. Five months ago, I weighed 247 pounds when I had surgery, and now I weigh 197 pounds. I was never overweight before, but in the last 20 years, I gained a lot of weight. I hope I learned my lesson and understand that the surgery is just a tool. I will fight hard to stay under 200 pounds for my own sake. Thank you for sharing!"

Back