• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

16yrs. Post Surgery

Star

Hi everyone. I have had bad luck with this surgery. Cedars,Ucla and Uci, all of which will not remove adhesions, caused by bariatric surgery.I have had chronic pain, and morphine pump currently and have been bed ridden going on now for about 16 years. On pause now and will continue when rested.

Hi everyone. I have had bad luck with this surgery. Cedars,Ucla and Uci, all of which will not remove adhesions, caused by bariatric surgery.I have had chronic pain, and morphine pump currently and have been bed ridden going on now for about 16 years. On pause now and will continue when rested.
Wow Star, I'm so sorry to hear you've had such a hard time.

I truely thank the 2 members who replied to my experience with gastric bypass surgery. I have been thinking what would l gain emotionally or be able to give a dear soul out there, by telling my story. My journey has been so down and ugly and difficult to understand or believe, though it has happened to me. Resting now,thank you

Thank you for your post. It’s important to hear that the surgery can have real consequences... something that we forget when hoping for a miracle.

WWWindy : Your reaching out to me changed my mind about if I would be able to help anyone in this forum. I'am still unsure, Thank you for your kindness, and other members who replied. I feel Iam in the wrong group since my path goes down a lonely path since the beginning .Looking back over the last 16yrs as I lay in bed every day, and simply brings up the inhumanity. Please understand this issue is my responsibility, I made the decision for barriactic surgery and I own it. The surgery can affect your future life in so many negative ways. I would venture to say, everyone wants the general outcome of this surgery to achieve what we lndividually invison. I had multicomobities after being rear ended in a horrific fwy, accident, my surgery was simply botched by the premier best surgeon in Orange County California . I too wanted this surgery for cosmetic reasons, a byproduct of the accident. I hope people contemplating surgery, spending more time researching the forums of what could go wrong,the daily responsibility of each day of any complicating issues which can arise. WWWendy, I've been to the best surgeons in calif., remarking any further surgery inside my body would easily loose me on the surgeons table. I've been on the last option available for about 18 months now,Its a intertheacal morpfine pump. I have a tank which is installed just over my right butt cheek. It's purpose to deliver morpfine to the spinal cord. You can understand more fully by netting it. I truely wish the best for all my brothers and sisters who choose surgery. Good bye, S

WWWindy : Your reaching out to me changed my mind about if I would be able to help anyone in this forum. I'am still unsure, Thank you for your kindness, and other members who replied. I feel Iam in the wrong group since my path goes down a lonely path since the beginning .Looking back over the last 16yrs as I lay in bed every day, and simply brings up the inhumanity. Please understand this issue is my responsibility, I made the decision for barriactic surgery and I own it. The surgery can affect your future life in so many negative ways. I would venture to say, everyone wants the general outcome of this surgery to achieve what we lndividually invison. I had multicomobities after being rear ended in a horrific fwy, accident, my surgery was simply botched by the premier best surgeon in Orange County California . I too wanted this surgery for cosmetic reasons, a byproduct of the accident. I hope people contemplating surgery, spending more time researching the forums of what could go wrong,the daily responsibility of each day of any complicating issues which can arise. WWWendy, I've been to the best surgeons in calif., remarking any further surgery inside my body would easily loose me on the surgeons table. I've been on the last option available for about 18 months now,Its a intertheacal morpfine pump. I have a tank which is installed just over my right butt cheek. It's purpose to deliver morpfine to the spinal cord. You can understand more fully by netting it. I truely wish the best for all my brothers and sisters who choose surgery. Good bye, S
I'm so sorry about everything, if you ever need to vent or talk about anything, you have friends here.

Wow Star, I'm so sorry to hear you've had such a hard time.
I had the Roux-en-Y gastric bypass 12/2004 I had a blockage and died on the table and brought back to life. My Bowles came back up I was in ICU I had to be intubated. I nearly lost my life my heart goes out to you for going thru an tough and challenging time. If I knew now what I knew then I would have opt a different route..

I had the Roux-en-Y gastric bypass 12/2004 I had a blockage and died on the table and brought back to life. My Bowles came back up I was in ICU I had to be intubated. I nearly lost my life my heart goes out to you for going thru an tough and challenging time. If I knew now what I knew then I would have opt a different route..
My goodness, thank god it wasn't your time!

Back