• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

17 Days out

honeysgirl

So I am 17 days out from my RNY. I have lost only 5lbs since surgery but I am retaining fluid in my abdomen area still. I know this because my bras are so tight that they leave marks when I wear them and they did not do that when I was 20lbs heavier. I can tell in the sleeves of my shirts that I have lost weight even if it is not showing on the scale. I don't think I have ever posted my stats, I will have to do that.
The doctor did say my Diabetes most likely would not go away and it looks like for now that is the case. As little as I am eating, I have still had readings as high as 155 Grrr but on the flip side the HBP seems to be resolved. I am not the typical Type 2 diabetic.
I have had awful itching and a little rash on my chest and arms and it is making me crazy. It is not dry skin itching because I have that as well so I am not sure what it is but I hope it goes away soon.

Height:5'1"
HW: 195
SW: 179
CW: 174
GW: 120 ( Doc says 110) we will see

So glad to hear how you are progressing honeysgirl! That is great that you HBP is resolved already! One step at at time :). I hope your diabetes eventually works itself out as well, but sounds like your dr is on top of it. I know you had mentioned previously that you had a bad reaction to the tape and glue, could the rash on your chest be a residual from that?

I have learned from the start of this process that a lot of times you will not see the scale move but may see your measurements get smaller. Eventually your body will stop retaining all that water and you will see the scale reflect it. Congrats on your progress so far! I can't wait to see your progress continue!

So glad to hear how you are progressing honeysgirl! That is great that you HBP is resolved already! One step at at time :). I hope your diabetes eventually works itself out as well, but sounds like your dr is on top of it. I know you had mentioned previously that you had a bad reaction to the tape and glue, could the rash on your chest be a residual from that?

I have learned from the start of this process that a lot of times you will not see the scale move but may see your measurements get smaller. Eventually your body will stop retaining all that water and you will see the scale reflect it. Congrats on your progress so far! I can't wait to see your progress continue!
I didn't have any tape on my chest and now it's in my armpits. AGH!!

Back