• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

2 months post op

I am 2 months post op after gastro bypass, at first I lost weight really fast then went to my surgeon for 3 week check and weight loss slowed and asked what I was doing wrong. he told me that my weight loss at the beginning was not to be compared to others who had lost a substantial amount of weight because my body was different. you see I had the lap band in the past and my body knew how to compensate for stopping me from losing, but he told me that it would eventually come off and it did. so if you had any kind of bariatric surgery in the past your body knows how to react to it. I am down 40 lbs now and it is slowing but surely coming off now. just a bit of information. I don't post very much but I do read new posts every day and learn a lot from you steady posters with your valued info. thanks to all, keep up the good support.

linda

I am 2 months post op after gastro bypass, at first I lost weight really fast then went to my surgeon for 3 week check and weight loss slowed and asked what I was doing wrong. he told me that my weight loss at the beginning was not to be compared to others who had lost a substantial amount of weight because my body was different. you see I had the lap band in the past and my body knew how to compensate for stopping me from losing, but he told me that it would eventually come off and it did. so if you had any kind of bariatric surgery in the past your body knows how to react to it. I am down 40 lbs now and it is slowing but surely coming off now. just a bit of information. I don't post very much but I do read new posts every day and learn a lot from you steady posters with your valued info. thanks to all, keep up the good support.

linda

Hi Linda.. 40lb lost in 2 months is great! Keep up the good work! We all do lose at a different rate but the important thing is to not get discouraged because it will eventually even out, some people lose fast at first and others lose more later. :)

Cheyenne

thanks Cheyenne for the encouragement, we all need that from time to time. looking at your stats you have done terrific, keep on posting.

linda

Linda,

Don't be shy. It is nice that you come to the site everyday and read all the new posts.

I also believe your experiences are important to the group as well. I found this post informative as well.

So, drop in, read the posts and say hello once in awhile and let us know how you are doing. Don't be afraid to participate when you see a post that you could provide a suggestion. The more the merrier and it affirms all of our advice to those seeking advice at the moment.

Good to hear from you,

Ralph

I am coming up on two months post op as well. My scale seems to be stuck in the same place for the past week (but then I remember it would do that before and then WAM, next day, 3-4 pound drop - jut waiting for that drop). I know i am following everything faithfully. I even invested in a FitBit band. If you aren't familiar with it, it is a podimeter that also tracks a lot of other things. You wear it on your wrist.

Hi. :) 40 lbs in 2 months is a lot of weight. Seriously, be proud! Even with the surgery, weight loss still takes a lot of dedication.

Back