• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

2 more days

Tomorrow is the big day... Can't wait to get it done, been along time coming. The clear liquid diet these past few days have been terrible.... My smell seem to increase... LOL but have not lost the will to stay away from the food.... Thank you all for the kind words... I will share my journey with you.

Sounds great, a
Tomorrow is the big day... Can't wait to get it done, been along time coming. The clear liquid diet these past few days have been terrible.... My smell seem to increase... LOL but have not lost the will to stay away from the food.... Thank you all for the kind words... I will share my journey with you.
all will be fine tomorrow

Keith, how are you doing, I hope all went well, keep us updated, I know those first couple of days are hard, but it will pass and you will be so happy you had it done, we are all so proud of you

Keith, how are you doing, I hope all went well, keep us updated, I know those first couple of days are hard, but it will pass and you will be so happy you had it done, we are all so proud of you
Had the surgery around 9am on tuesday the 14th.... Took a couple hrs. but everthing went great. I was up walking after 4 hrs. some pain today but thats to be expected. I keep plugging along...They gave me some Liquid hydrocodone that seems to minimize any issue... like when I tryed to sit up from a laying position...... Lesson learned... But getting better by the day..... Thaks for all the kind works, means alot..

Great to hear everything went well. I'm still sore when I stand up. But, once I'm up I can move good. Did you get the little machine to practice your breathing? It helps give you something to do when your sitting. Ice cold liquids are better on your stomach than room temperature. Take the acid reducing meds first thing in the morning. It helps the fluid go down easier without pain. So glad to hear how well it went!

That breathing thing was a pain, I have asthma so it didn't feel that great lol, but after I came home I noticed that taking deep breaths on my own was the key, it made me actually feel better, I'm not sure if it was all in my head or not, I know that is not what its purpose was but taking in deep breaths did help

Had the surgery around 9am on tuesday the 14th.... Took a couple hrs. but everthing went great. I was up walking after 4 hrs. some pain today but thats to be expected. I keep plugging along...They gave me some Liquid hydrocodone that seems to minimize any issue... like when I tryed to sit up from a laying position...... Lesson learned... But getting better by the day..... Thaks for all the kind works, means alot..
I'm so happy everything went fine, we all knew it would, now comes the walking, and alot of it, I wish I would have been more active right after surgery, I'm definitely doing it now though, have to get my ,8000~ to 10000 steps in aday

I'm so happy everything went fine, we all knew it would, now comes the walking, and alot of it, I wish I would have been more active right after surgery, I'm definitely doing it now though, have to get my ,8000~ to 10000 steps in aday
I am getting as much walking in as I can... Still sore at a minimum Im getting a mile +. in more as the days get better and pain subsides.... Going to find some good sneakers at a store I found in Jacksonville, Nc

Back