• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

2 week pre op diet starts this week

My doctor recommended Barilife.com for post-op vitamins and supplements like protein soup. I also tried adding Isopure unflavored to onion soup mix an it chunked up crazy in the soup. The broth was so tasty it irritated me that it was full of "protein pulp". I will get my protein from shakes and drink broth separate from now on. However I do have the protein soup on order and will give it a try when it comes in. My surgery date is Aug. 2. I have been on a liquid/protein shake diet for a week, pre-op visit is today. I really appreciate everyone's comments on this thread. I just found this website because I don't choose to use Facebook.

I did not love any warm protein, it all seemed clumpy and weird. Although, I could heat up a pre- made shake on the stove and have lukewarm hot chocolate.

You're not really going to be super hungry. Honestly, I think the first few weeks, when you're liquid only, most of us were sick of the constant need to be sipping something. So don't worry overly much about what liquids you'll need for those first few weeks. I had so much stuff, I ended up with enough left over to give 2 more people. You need a lot less than you think you will.

2 weeks and then surgery.....ahhh....getting anxious. I have a couple of cases of protein drinks ready to go as well as unflavored protein to add to crystal light. I main concern is my migraines. Caffeine and Ibuprofen are my go too and the packet recommends none for the upcoming weeks. I did my EKG and blood work and have to see my hematologist due to a Protein S deficiency, which can cause blood clotting issues. Other then that I am ready to go let the count down begin...wish me luck.
Good luck! I just had my surgery on July 12th and I’m on soft foods now. One more week and I can start regular foods as tolerated.

Back