• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

2 weeks after by pass

im on stage 2 soft foods.which is fine im having a hard time drinking 48 oz a water a day and also my protein at 70 grams a day surgery went good had a little draw back at one of my sites got an infection that went from my stomach around to my back but its getting good almost gone.Anybody have any shake ideas? Or snack ideas? Could really use some help.

When I was eating soft foods.. it was suggested a spoonful of cottage cheese mixed with a spoonful of applesauce. Soft cooked sweet potato cut into small chunks (store the rest in the refrigerator) and mashed with applesause is good too. It really filled me up and it tasted great to me after my first week on sugarfree jello and broth. V8 juice helped me out too and I still drink it in the morning with my pills.

Interested in the infection you mentioned. I am having this weird pain that I feel like is muscle ache in my upper back......on the same side of the only incision that is still painful for me. I am going to call the Doctor back on Monday. I called a week ago and they said it was nothing, just healing.

Did they prescribe you anything to take for the infection?

Back