• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

2 weeks post-op

TYNSMommy

Well, this has definitely been a challenge... ain't gonna lie! The whole mindset has been hard, but, I'm 2 weeks post-op today and I'm down 28# and 4 pant sizes...go me! Lol. I go see my surgeon tomorrow for a follow-up and I start soft/solid foods, kinda nervous about that lol. I haven't had any nausea (knock on wood) since day one and only very minimal pain. Not getting much walking in yet since I struggle so much with back pain, but, I plan on kicking it up a little bit once I go back to work.

It’s good to let yourself rest the first couple of weeks. Walking short distances a few times a day helped me get moving, it also helped with my chronic back pain!
I walk, just not a lot at once. I've had 5 back surgeries and have a spine stimulator. I was born missing parts of my spine so walking a little is fine but walking definitely does not help my back.

Well, this has definitely been a challenge... ain't gonna lie! The whole mindset has been hard, but, I'm 2 weeks post-op today and I'm down 28# and 4 pant sizes...go me! Lol. I go see my surgeon tomorrow for a follow-up and I start soft/solid foods, kinda nervous about that lol. I haven't had any nausea (knock on wood) since day one and only very minimal pain. Not getting much walking in yet since I struggle so much with back pain, but, I plan on kicking it up a little bit once I go back to work.
So glad to hear eveything is going well!

For people who are post-op who don't have a congenital spinal deformity, it's really important to make sure you get an abdominal binder (mine was included in my surgeon's program) so you can take the pressure off and also walk a little.

Back