• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

2 weeks post op

I had the sleeve 2.5 weeks ago and the doctor put me on the phase 2 soft diet, too. I also worry about stretching my stomach. I forgot that they said canned chicken, and I had a piece of baked chicken. That did not go down well. I could tell right away it was a bad choice.

Well I ate some buffalo chicken dip last night and I paid all night long for that decision and still paying for it today. It tasted good but didn’t settle well. Has left me with bloating, gas and feeling so terrible.

I’m reading articles every day on life after the sleeve. I came across some good recipes on Pinterest that I’m going to try. I’m going to try journaling because I spoke to a person who had the surgery 2 years ago and she said it helped her stay on track. She shared she was a stress eater and so picking up a pen and writing out what she felt helped the urge of cheating. I’ve also been logging my daily intake on MyFitnessPal. I’m determined to make my lifestyle change a success.
I’m headed to a birthday weekend extravaganza so I am hoping that these coping mechanisms will be helpful. Any words of wisdom from anyone on how they are staying on track?

I had the sleeve 2.5 weeks ago and the doctor put me on the phase 2 soft diet, too. I also worry about stretching my stomach. I forgot that they said canned chicken, and I had a piece of baked chicken. That did not go down well. I could tell right away it was a bad choice.
I’m sorry. I know how painful and uncomfortable that feeling is. I did the same thing.

H’
Hello! I had my surgery 3/15/19 and am looking for support on staying on track. I am doing well - I’m down 20lbs since my surgery- I’m just terrified to end up where I was before. I get tired really easy and I’m still sore. Anyone else have the same concerns?
hi, I just had revision surgery on the 18th. Do you feel the weight loss has been slow? I’m so hungry. I go to the doctor tomorrow to see if I can move to the next phase. The clear liquids have been hard for me this week. I’m so tired.

I’m terrified that I am going to stretch my stomach. My doctor wants me to graze essentially - have 3 bites every 2-3 hours
Cat you should do some research on stomach stretching and also ask your doctor about it especially your surgeon dr. It is really really really really really really hard to stretch your stomach. you wouldn't be able to move it from the size of an egg to the size of an orange unless you ate a lot of food for a year and you'd have to be constantly eating which is this whole grazing thing gets controversial. Grazing is a really easy way to. Grazing is a really easy way to put the weight back on. I was told to have 6 meals a day, no snacks no grazing and I did that and it worked for me.

Hello! I had my surgery 3/15/19 and am looking for support on staying on track. I am doing well - I’m down 20lbs since my surgery- I’m just terrified to end up where I was before. I get tired really easy and I’m still sore. Anyone else have the same concerns?
You got this!

H’

hi, I just had revision surgery on the 18th. Do you feel the weight loss has been slow? I’m so hungry. I go to the doctor tomorrow to see if I can move to the next phase. The clear liquids have been hard for me this week. I’m so tired.
Takes time to get used to this....It will come!promise!

It’s like it just doesn’t settle well. I feel nauseous when I drink anything. I am thirsty too but I am taking little sips like the doctor said and it just isn’t the same anymore. Fairlife milk has been the best for me so far. This has been so hard. Some days I wonder if I made a mistake.
I also depend on fairlife milk. I had problems and nausea with the shakes too so I stopped them and used a 30g no taste protein powder in broths and milk and eventually pureed food. The best brand I found because it is such a small scoop and you only use one scoop is genepro. I had the single anastomosis duodenal switch. I started soft foods day 21 and it is tough. I have had lots of tears of frustration, lack of sleep from trying food that didnt agree and I'm usually not a crier. I also have moments where I regret having the surgery and that is completely normal. It is mentally taxing and being so uncomfortable and/or sleep deprived will do that to a person.

Back