• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

2 Years and Still a Newbie

Punky

Hey All -

I’m here for friendship and support from those that know what I deal with daily. I’m 2 years out from gastric sleeve on 6/8/21.

Currently undergoing issues of mild stenosis and them wanting to check me for slow moving stomach.
I’m beginning to wonder if I’m constipated? I go a lil and feel better and then right back to feeling bad after a day or two.

Anyone that wants to talk and or support;

Apparently your medical professionals have some idea of your problems and are exploring their theories. Stick with them and don't worry.

As to constipation, simply add fiber laxative to your daily routine. Take it with a full glass of water early in the day or just before bed. Either way, the fiber will have the opportunity to move through your digestive tract and move any stuck stool to the exit.

My doctor and nutritionist never told me to take the fiber lax until I had epic constipation. After I survived that, fiber lax became part of my daily routine.

Hello and welcome. Definitely keep up with that. Even if you are going a little, you can get backed up and end up impacted. Which is not something you want!! So, even if its an uncomfortable conversation, keep them updated. They can easily give you something to move things along.

Back