• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

2nd week post-op

yes i did, but you can leave out the toast not a good idea and when you have your first egg trust me it will be no more then a bite or two. good luck on your journey.

WELCOME to the Forum!!!

I was allowed a scrambled egg after my 2nd week and applesauce. Your tummy probably now holds 2 oz. and Smiles is right, you will feel extremely full after a couple bites. Toast and bread made me gag and throw up for months. You should follow your surgeon's instructions. Every surgeon has different rules but it is extremely important to not stretch out your stomach especially the first 3 weeks or the stomach could leak and that can have dire consequences.

Good luck,

Cheyenne :cool:

I'm 2 weeks post op too as of today, and I too am craving a piece of fish! But my guidelines state I have to stay on this 1st diet until my followup! Driving me crazy, but I know its for the best, I don't want anything to get messed up. Can't wait just to scramble 1 egg, soon, so soon!

I'm 2 weeks post op too as of today, and I too am craving a piece of fish! But my guidelines state I have to stay on this 1st diet until my followup! Driving me crazy, but I know its for the best, I don't want anything to get messed up. Can't wait just to scramble 1 egg, soon, so soon!

WELCOME to the Forum!!!

When is your follow-up?

Cheyenne:cool:

I am 10 days post op and the thought of eating scares the heck out of me. I have my first check up tomorrow and then I go on full liquids and I'm excited about that but I don't want to do anything that is going to hurt my new little stomach and I don't want to throw up!

I followed my diet plan exactly but I know others who do not. Egg was my first food to eat -- I had never been so excited for a simple egg. It was also the first thing I threw up. Make it soft and a little watery and eat slow.

Back