• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

3 days post and want to connect to same.

I am 4days post-op. today was the best day so far

I am so glad to hear you are doing well...I had my surgery last wed...are we on the same schedule? I don't have my book telling me how much to drink but I have had a protein shake, water, and I am getting ready for a jello. I feel OK just some normal belly pain when I try to bend. I go to the dr. on Wed. Did you shower and take off any bandages? Thanks

My schedule is 2oz. of protein drink and 3 oz. water in 1 hour by sipping 1 oz.of protein in 30 mins and 1oz water every 5 min. I do this all day to get in 2 protein drinks (8 oz each) and as much water as possible. I continue this schedule for 2 wks. Then I start soft foods. This morning I woke up very nauseated that has set me back. I also have a very sore throat. I didn't have bandages. They put glue over my incisions. My friend told me to walk often and only be sitting no longer than 30 to 45 mins at a time. I'm following short of this goal.

Hi all welcome!

SlimPattie, have you found your meal plan yet with what you need to be drinking and eating for nutrition, if you cant find it call your surgeons office and get another post op release meal plan and instructions, better to be a little imbarased than sick:rolleyes: I don't know which WLS you have but 64 oz of water/fluids a day is pretty standard for most of us, jello also counts as a fluid.

Npoague, walkin will help you heal and also prvents blood clots in the legs, your doing great.

:cool: Tom

Thanks for reply...I think I am trying to drink too much shake at a time...If I don't drink it right away it is not as good...I am also drinking water but not to an exact schedule. I will call the office in the morning and get the exact schedule for food. I have a bit of a sore throat but I think it is from the intubation.

I am walking frequently around the house...I actually feel pretty good.
Thanks to Karenina and TwoMas for your input....I can't believe the surgery is over and I am on my way...You are all suportive

Back