• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

3 days post surgery RounXBypass

Chad

Hey all,
Just reporting my experience thus far.
Pain is tolerable, easily tolerating all liquids so far. Getting 80+grams protein and 64+ oz water. Tried some V8 and chicken broth last night, no problem.
Still have an appetite, but going to stay on liquids at least 2 weeks before trying mush foods. Does anyone use baby food? Seems like portions would be good and although some are gross, some taste fine.
Getting my walks in and don’t seem to have any problems so far. I live alone so laundry etc will be a test to accomplish but as good as I feel I don’t anticipate a problem.
I know, I know... don’t over do it.

Sounds like you’re doing really well! I’m so happy that I taught my kids how to do laundry before my surgery because that was honestly the one thing I was worried about doing with the bending and twisting. I’m sure you’ll do great though...I also just like when someone else does the laundry :D lol

Hi Chad... congrats on your WLS and glad to hear you are doing great! I just started my purée diet.(Had VSG on 1/11/21). There is no way I could bring myself to eat baby food containing meat.
Anyway, I’ve made a few great purée recipes! Chicken salad, tuna salad with avocado, chicken & refried beans, chicken & sweet potato... they have all been delicious! And great sources of protein!
Great to hear you are getting your walks in! I’ve been making myself walk outside . Adding a block or so every couple of days! I really think the walking is what has made me feel as good as I do.
Sending healing vibes your way! Keep up the good work!

Nice to get an update Chad, glad you are doing well. I never tried the baby food but if you are willing and it makes your life easier, then go for it. I got the tuna and chicken salad pouches that they sell. I've also now tried tuna infusions which come in several different seasonings. I love the basil and also the lemon & thyme. I also ate mashed sweet potatoes in the mushy stage. I didn't think of refried beans at the time, but I would have eaten those too if I thought of it.

120 Calories and 22 g protein.

Awesome I had the gastric bypass surgery on Jan 19, 2021 they have not let me have protein drinks yet. I imagine that will be next week after I go back to the doc for my one week follow up. Liquid diet has been fairly easy for me but I have to admit that I don't have much of a appetite. Glad to hear that you are doing so well. Don't over do it! It will take awhile for you to be fully healed. I speak from the experience of having had adominal surgery previously. Good Luck!!

Back