• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

3 months post op

3momchaos

Today is my 3 month post op anniversary! Got on the scale today and weigh 221, 59 lbs lost since surgery, 76 lbs lost since last January when I started with my surgery center. I was wearing 2X and 3X tops and 22/24 pants. Now I’m wearing large tops and 16 pants. I certainly didn’t expect to lose so much so quickly, but I attribute some of it to removing my gallbladder and staying on the liquid diet a little longer than usual-which was fine with my doctor, but follow your own doctors guidelines. There are days I struggle to eat enough, and there are days I struggle with cravings, but it’s all part of the process. I don’t exercise much yet, and I’m ok with that. I can feel where my abdomen is still healing, and that is not something I want to rush. I have a lot of lose skin that I’m looking forward to having removed when the time is right-not for another year at least-but I also had twins 10 years ago, so some of that skin is from being massively pregnant and obese. I wouldn’t trade this journey for anything-well, maybe for a million dollars LOL

That's awesome 3mom! Congratulations! You are doing really well. I wouldn't rush the exercise either, having had those 3 surgeries on top of each other I I know it can take time. I've been working very slowly on the exercise part but baby steps is better than nothing. I'm hoping once a hint of spring comes I'll be in better shape to do much longer walks than I was doing before the cold weather hit.

Back