• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

3 week post op

Erica*

Hello I am new to this forum. I was sleeved on 4/27/21. I am still experiencing pain on my right side. Especially if I bend over. I see the doctor for my post op appointment tomorrow. Anyone else experience pain/discomfort at this week? I know it takes several weeks to heal fully, however I must admit it is discouraging when I hear a lot of "I felt wonderful. I had no pain." Although, I am happy for them. I unfortunately am not feeling that way :(

I'm sorry you are experiencing this. While most people do not end up having any complications, it can be frustrating for those who do. Just try to keep in mind the large majority of complications can be taken care of fairly easily. I'm sure your surgeon will run some tests and be able to fix your issue. Good luck.

Had my sleeve on 4/22 along with a hernia repair. I had pain - not horrible but definitely discomfort - for about 2 weeks. Thought it was gone but having some discomfort again these past two days. Review your post-op instructions - mine were so detailed I missed I few things I could do to make myself comfortable.
I hope you feel better soon.

Had my sleeve on 4/22 along with a hernia repair. I had pain - not horrible but definitely discomfort - for about 2 weeks. Thought it was gone but having some discomfort again these past two days. Review your post-op instructions - mine were so detailed I missed I few things I could do to make myself comfortable.
I hope you feel better soon.
How are you doing now? I’m having the sleeve July 12th and really wondering how much pain I’ll be in day 1,2,3 and 4 afterwards. Crazy to be so excited and apprehensive at the same time.

Back