• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

3 week stall is upon me

MANDY2910

Well my recovery has been great. So far the only food that has bothered me at all is cottage cheese, which really stinks because I love it. I will try it again in a week or so. I am eating 2 ounces of soft foods once a day and still supplementing with shakes the rest of the day to get my protein. I have lost 14 pounds since pre-op diet and 31 pounds since I started my journey. Today is my 3 week post op and I have been stalled for about 4 days. I am not sweating it. I educated myself well about the process and knew it was coming. But I feel great! Surgery pain is gone, I am cleaning my house, walking every day, and everything has gone back to normal for me. I still struggle with constipation a bit but that is improving as well.

Well my recovery has been great. So far the only food that has bothered me at all is cottage cheese, which really stinks because I love it. I will try it again in a week or so. I am eating 2 ounces of soft foods once a day and still supplementing with shakes the rest of the day to get my protein. I have lost 14 pounds since pre-op diet and 31 pounds since I started my journey. Today is my 3 week post op and I have been stalled for about 4 days. I am not sweating it. I educated myself well about the process and knew it was coming. But I feel great! Surgery pain is gone, I am cleaning my house, walking every day, and everything has gone back to normal for me. I still struggle with constipation a bit but that is improving as well.
Congratulations on your progress so far. 31 lbs Woohoo!!! Imagine trying to walk around the store carrying a huge bag of dog food, then how good it would feel to set it down & walk without it. That's what losing 31 lbs feels like! Please try to weigh yourself weekly, track your total pounds lost as well as your weekly progress. In a couple months you'll see weight loss isn't a linear process, but it WILL happen.

Also, you might see if your bariatric team will allow you to take Benefiber daily. It dissolves completely, is odorless & tasteless, and mixes in any beverage. It really works. Good luck with everything!

Back