• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

3 weeks post op

lsales4363

I am three weeks post op and back to work in the morning. I've managed the food with no problem. Still struggling with the fluids. I am hoping that when I am at my desk tomorrow and "stuck" in one place, the fluids will be easier. I just hope that I have no problem getting up and ready for work after 3 weeks of no alarm clock. I also got back on the exercise bike today instead of just light walking. Just a few concerns, and one is typical for any time I am away from work - what kind of mess am I walking back into? Another is debuting the new me. I did find a really nice pair of slacks in my closet that never did fit - they do now.

LOL. The mess you are walking back into is just an indicator of how well you do your job, how efficient you are AND how much the company needs you because of the ones who are not able to, refuse to or are not capable of performing the job description without drama or their lack of commitment to their job.

My employees are not hired and paid to be best buddies with their fellow employees, they are hired and are paid to perform a job and give excellent customer / company service.

Congratulations on fitting into your new slacks, that is awesome. You will do great!!!!! :)

I am three weeks post op and back to work in the morning. I've managed the food with no problem. Still struggling with the fluids. I am hoping that when I am at my desk tomorrow and "stuck" in one place, the fluids will be easier. I just hope that I have no problem getting up and ready for work after 3 weeks of no alarm clock. I also got back on the exercise bike today instead of just light walking. Just a few concerns, and one is typical for any time I am away from work - what kind of mess am I walking back into? Another is debuting the new me. I did find a really nice pair of slacks in my closet that never did fit - they do now.

Good Luck on your first day back to work. :) Having clothes fit that used to be tight is a wonderful high.. Don't ya just love it? Lol I had one pair of tight jeans that I waited too long to try on, they are so loose, big and baggy they can't be worn. LOL But thats ok cause I'll never cry over clothes being too loose. :cool:

Two different girls took turns covering my desk. They left it a mess. Piles of books and boxes everywhere. When I left, I left them a detailed printout of what was going on. I got nothing back from either as to what the status was on anything. I found out I had a rental car being delivered for one of my employees because the employee asked. This is why I had enough PTO accrued to take time off for the surgery - I HATE leaving my desk in someone else's hands. But it has been easier sipping fluids at work than at home. At home to keep busy, I'd crochet or read. Then my hands were busy, but I'd forget to drink.

Glad you had a good first day back to work. Planning food choices at work can be a little challenging, but I just bring my own and don't go out to lunch.

Good Luck to you as you return to your work environment.

The challenge is to continue all your new habits that are going to be life long habits.

Best wishes to you.

Happy New Year

Ralph

Back