• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

3 wks out from gastric bypass

Dlkm

Morning everyone, Started pureed food (baby food) this morning and I think I may of did a bit to much. Having some tummy pain. Now I am wondering if I should do my protein drink before I do lunch baby food or just wait till lunch. I am worried that I am not going to get all my protein in for the day. Ugh! This is challenge with not being able to drink 1/2 hr before and 1/2 hr after I eat. Worried about how this is going to work when I go back to work. Ugh!

I would suggest trying half of your baby food. And add in half your protein shake half way between breakfast and lunch. My program suggested up to a 1/2C as a serving size and that was WAY too much for me. I could only manage about 2T of refried beans and maybe a 1/4C of anything of a thinner consistency. It is very challenging in the beginning to time everything out. Once you get to real food, you'll be able to get a routine going and you'll become an old pro.

I do my protein shake in the morning still just to get a jump start on it. My guidelines were to start with 2 tablespoons and gradually work up to 1/4 cup until the next stage of the diet. The programs differ though, so start small and work up to what your drs office told you.

Morning everyone, Started pureed food (baby food) this morning and I think I may of did a bit to much. Having some tummy pain. Now I am wondering if I should do my protein drink before I do lunch baby food or just wait till lunch. I am worried that I am not going to get all my protein in for the day. Ugh! This is challenge with not being able to drink 1/2 hr before and 1/2 hr after I eat. Worried about how this is going to work when I go back to work. Ugh!

One thing that I have noticed is that my restriction is tighter in the morning. So for me I'm best with a protein shake then and anything heavier later on. Another trick is to stop half way in between whatever you are eating and see how you feel. Sometimes we think we can handle more but after resting a bit we realize we have had enough. I've learned the hard way too many times by not hitting the pause button. Sometimes eating the same food on a different day can even have different results, so you just never know.

Thank you girls, you have given me some ideas. I knew it was going to be a challenge when I started this whole process. I am determined to do this right! Lord knows I don't want to go back to where I was before! Even with the challenges I feel 100% better already and have way more energy! A big plus in my book!!

Back