• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

30-30-30

You look amazing Diane and you’re right on point about just trying to be normal . I’m not so sure about the stomach stretching either even though it feels like it sometimes after I eat but it’s probably mostly of what I ate and how fast I ate it because I seem to be one of those fast eaters that hasn’t lear to slow down yet . I’ve always just chowed down my food and my wife keeps reminding me to slow down and chew
Now I'm wondering if you all are photoshoping your Pic! (just kidding) Bill you look amazing as well. Congratulations to you!

My thoughts on the 30-30-30. My bariatric team is requiring me to do this and I am going to do my best to do it. I don't really understand the reasoning behind it, but I also like to follow my doctor's advice when I can.

I often don't fully understand the science behind things, for example, fibromyalgia. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 15 years ago. There have been many studies over the last few decades and still there is no definitive cause, treatment, cure or understanding of the condition. Over the years some new treatments have been tried, like Lyrica. I tried Lyrica and it worked great for me, except for one minor side effect, I gained 50 pounds in two months. So I had to stop taking it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is we are all different. The guidelines for WLS have changed over the years. My sisters had RNYs over 20 years ago and had no restrictions. Also bariatric teams are different and will require different things from patient to patient. They want what's best for us. If you don't trust your surgeon, why are you going to let him cut into you and mess around with your digestive system?

My thoughts on the 30-30-30. My bariatric team is requiring me to do this and I am going to do my best to do it. I don't really understand the reasoning behind it, but I also like to follow my doctor's advice when I can.

I often don't fully understand the science behind things, for example, fibromyalgia. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 15 years ago. There have been many studies over the last few decades and still there is no definitive cause, treatment, cure or understanding of the condition. Over the years some new treatments have been tried, like Lyrica. I tried Lyrica and it worked great for me, except for one minor side effect, I gained 50 pounds in two months. So I had to stop taking it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is we are all different. The guidelines for WLS have changed over the years. My sisters had RNYs over 20 years ago and had no restrictions. Also bariatric teams are different and will require different things from patient to patient. They want what's best for us. If you don't trust your surgeon, why are you going to let him cut into you and mess around with your digestive system?
Fibro is often triggered by severe ongoing trauma

Fibro is often triggered by severe ongoing trauma
Yes, that is what triggered mine, and what exacerbates it. It has something to do with how your brain reacts to situations and sends signals of pain to your nerves.

It is an extremely frustrating situation. Your entire body can be screaming with pain, to the point that you can barely move, but physically there is absolutely nothing wrong with you.

I’m having a really hard time getting all that water in all day .. I hate going to the bathroom all day. Both ways. It’s what I signed up for so I gotta it try harder. Like I said I dumped yesterday today I’m trying to do better and so far today I’m doing good

Back