• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

30 Day BACK TO BASICS Challenge

Hi. I'm starting a thread. If you're interesting in joining the 30 day challenge, "follow" the thread, if not, feel free to skip over. For me, back to basics means

64 oz. Water
70g Protein
Tracking (either full intake or just water/protein is up to you)
Exercise 30+min/3+days a week
Weekly Weigh In - Just an update of whether we're up/down or the same

Since it's Sept 1st, I feel like todays a great day to start. So those will be my challenge for 30 days. Feel free to add your own. Aaaaand GO!

Love this idea. I'm just starting week 8, and I definitely want to stay on track & be accountable even this early on. As long as I don't need to post selfies, I would love to be part of this, and having you as our fearless & intrepid leader is perfect! Thank you for getting this started!

Thanks Missy! I've always done best when I make myself accountable, and this will help greatly.

One of the things that works for me is using a monthly habit tracker as good habits lead to success. There are plenty of them out there that are free and printable, just google it and find one you like if you are interested. I use a different colored pencil for each day so it is enjoyable seeing my habits get marked off being done. And the challenge is to have as few white spaces as possible because no one is perfect!

Unjury is also doing a 30 day challenge. If you are not familiar with Unjury, they sell protein drinks, powders and vitamins. Honestly, I have never tried them but I have joined in their group zoom meetings. They have a pre-surgery and post surgery group and then one for more advanced (further out) folks that need to either maintain or get back on track. You can sign up for them for free on there website Unjury and then go to Unjury Cares.

Here is the checklist for their 30 Day Challenge.

Attachments

• unjury-days-30-30-30.pdf
    564.4 KB · Views: 174
Love this idea. I'm just starting week 8, and I definitely want to stay on track & be accountable even this early on. As long as I don't need to post selfies, I would love to be part of this, and having you as our fearless & intrepid leader is perfect! Thank you for getting this started!
No selfies required .. yet. By 1 year you're going to LOVE selfies. Here I am at the Maroon Five concert at Wrigley Field on Monday.

Yes, to posting daily to share our successes (and sometimes failures, cuz we're not perfect!!) Whatever day you weigh in a week is fine, you only need to post your results (+/- not actual weight) when you do. I'm doing Tuesday cuz that was my start. This is a challenge to keep us motivated and on track and support each other, so whatever works for you, do.

Yesterdays Results:
Water; 104oz
Protein: 114g
Exercise .. nope, but I have 6 more days to go so I'll do it.
Tracking: Yes, every bite. UGH!

I forgot what a pain in the ass that is. Someone should've told me to shut up every time I told someone "Track and Measure" :rolleyes: But, in my defense, it worked lol I made better choices because I could instantly see where I was and where another snack would put me. But, UGH!

So Day 1 went well for me. Off to a good start, now to keep that up for 30 days!!!!

Water: 95
Pro: 77
Cal: 1059

Yesterday, would have loved to go take a walk but was not happening because we got about 5" of rain from Ida here in NY. Today is beautiful though, so that is on my agenda. But I did get in some stretching exercises.

I think I will do some meal prepping too. Often I hit a low around dinner time and don't feel like cooking but earlier in the day I have energy so will try to make some make ahead meals.

How's everyone else doing?

Last edited:
Water - 80 oz
Protein - about 30 gms - will try to add a protein shake if needed today
Exercise - spent the day doing hard core cleaning, mopping, taking trash to the dumpster
Tracking - everything I eat, each 16 oz water bottle & times of eating & drinking, vitamins/meds so I keep 15-20 min between & keep 3+ hrs between cacium & multivitamin

Sorry, I promise I won't write this much each day; just reassuring myself that I'm holding myself accountable.

Yes, to posting daily to share our successes (and sometimes failures, cuz we're not perfect!!) Whatever day you weigh in a week is fine, you only need to post your results (+/- not actual weight) when you do. I'm doing Tuesday cuz that was my start. This is a challenge to keep us motivated and on track and support each other, so whatever works for you, do.

Yesterdays Results:
Water; 104oz
Protein: 114g
Exercise .. nope, but I have 6 more days to go so I'll do it.
Tracking: Yes, every bite. UGH!

I forgot what a pain in the ass that is. Someone should've told me to shut up every time I told someone "Track and Measure" :rolleyes: But, in my defense, it worked lol I made better choices because I could instantly see where I was and where another snack would put me. But, UGH!
Here we go with our new theme song: Sip, sip, sip; walk, walk, walk; track, track, track; etc. Any aspiring songwriters out there? As a bonus you get an entire day of not having to track as a reward for your creativity!

Here we go with our new theme song: Sip, sip, sip; walk, walk, walk; track, track, track; etc. Any aspiring songwriters out there? As a bonus you get an entire day of not having to track as a reward for your creativity!
I get that water in my grip .. when I sip, you sip, we sip.
Go ahead 'around that block ... when I walk, you walk, we walk.
We gettin' our groove back .. when I track, you track, we track.

Back