• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

33 Days after my Gastric Sleeve Surgery on August 11,2021

Terissa602

Hello everyone it's been 33 days since I had my surgery and I don't know how I made it. There was a definite struggle at times with wanting to eat regular food. I am currently still on a liquid diet until I see my nutritionist on 9/17/21. I started out weighing 280 when I started the program in November 2020 Then before my surgery in August I weighed 262. Then after my surgery I weighed 246. Today I weigh 227. With a whopping total of 53 pounds total. Wow I can't express my love and compassion for this Forum and Group Support. I was shy at first to comment but I read so many comments about how other people felt the same way as I did. This helped me tremendously during my journey before surgery and after surgery. Thank you for your support and advice. Sending everyone positive vibes and happiness with sunshine to continue on their weight loss journey with determination for success.

Hi, Terisssa. I am glad that you count all the pre-surgery weight loss. It was all hard work and you deserve the credit for it. 53lbs to date is AMAZING!! I'm glad you found us. I know I always feel better knowing others have gone through the same thing or are going through the same thing. It gives you a sense of comradery. Keep up the great work.

Hello everyone it's been 33 days since I had my surgery and I don't know how I made it. There was a definite struggle at times with wanting to eat regular food. I am currently still on a liquid diet until I see my nutritionist on 9/17/21. I started out weighing 280 when I started the program in November 2020 Then before my surgery in August I weighed 262. Then after my surgery I weighed 246. Today I weigh 227. With a whopping total of 53 pounds total. Wow I can't express my love and compassion for this Forum and Group Support. I was shy at first to comment but I read so many comments about how other people felt the same way as I did. This helped me tremendously during my journey before surgery and after surgery. Thank you for your support and advice. Sending everyone positive vibes and happiness with sunshine to continue on their weight loss journey with determination for success.
Wow, you have come such a long way! Congrats to you :) I’m just now 3 months post op and started around the same weight (260) but somehow managed to knock 60lbs off during that time. I was the opposite though and didn’t crave any regular foods the first month or so cause everything grossed me out. I wasn’t getting sick or anything but just didn’t want to eat. My doctor had me drink protein shakes to help get nutrients in me so between that and tortilla soup I survived lol. Even being 3 months out I find myself being able to go half a day or more without getting hungry so I’m usually trying to cram food in by the end of the day. We travel full time & we’ll be hitting the road for the first time since my surgery so eating on the road should be interesting lol. I’m not going to go crazy trying to plan meals out cause I don’t have time for that but I will be mindful so I don’t get sick cause that’s the last thing we all need is for someone to be sick while traveling lol. I still get annoyed trying to drink 64oz of water a day cause now that I cut out so much sodium (from bad eating habits) I’m hardly ever thirsty. This takes time to adjust to… I wish you the very best & hope you are already reaping the benefits of this surgery :)

Back