• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

4 years and 5 months post op - Need advice on weight gain/dysmorphia

JaniceH

I am really struggling. I'm afraid to get on the scale. I gained about 20lbs from my ideal weight over the last year and did a pouch reset in Oct and got back to my ideal weight. In the last couple weeks I've been feeling incredibly bloated and like I've gained 30lbs. I know it's not possible, but I'm scared to get on the scale. For the last couple years I'm REALLY struggled with digestion issues and constantly being constipated. I would NEVER not be happy that I had the surgery. It was a bazillion percent the best thing I've ever done for me. I just want to find my way back to making time for me and putting me first. I've got sucked into the stress of everything and have put myself last. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Recognizing that your priority for yourself has diminished is a very good step back into the right direction. Set time for yourself everyday. Put a timer on it if you have to. Next set a goal then make a plan. It is a process, such as making a new habit. May you find the time you need for you. Blessings to you and be safe.

I write down each 16 oz bottle of water I drink daily, with the goal of 64-80 ozs. I write down each med & time I take it, and I track my meals (mostly just what I eat, and protein amts to get to 60+ gms daily).

Bc my surgery was on a Monday, I weigh myself every Monday, and only once a week so I don't obsess about water weight, etc. I write the weight in my notebook with the amount lost/gained since last Mon, and the total amt lost since my July 12th surgery date.

I did not weigh myself this week for the 1st time, but come Monday Jan 3, I will face the beast once more. If I'm the same, fine. If I gained, and honestly I know I did, I will get right back to my healthier eating and increase my movement.

I know you can do this! I know all of us can do this. A setback doesn't override the victories we've achieved!

Back