• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

48 hours later

RoyT

I'm 48 hours post surgery. The pain is not too bad. I've been able to slowly drink broth and water. Certainly feel full after a very little. Waiting to see surgeon. Yesterday, he said I'll go home today or saturday. I did worry a lot more surgery. Now I realize there wasn't anything to worry about

Last edited:
Roy, that's fabulous! and what a wonderful post. You expressed in one sentence what pre-surgical candidates wonder & fear. You now know there was nothing to worry about. Now you get something better than dessert: you get to observe as your numbers improve & you have more energy and a new joy for life.

I scheduled for Tuesday. I have read over all of the does and don’t 500 times. I keep bugging my daughter to be sure to get sugar free everything over, and over. I’m stress about the surgery also. My PA reassured today where was nothing worry about. I trust both my PA and Surgeon. So I have decided to let go and let God.

I'm 48 hours post surgery. The pain is not too bad. I've been able to slowly drink broth and water. Certainly fell full after a very little. Waiting to see surgeon. Yesterday, he said I'll go home today or saturday. I did worry a lot more surgery. Now I realize there wasn't anything to worry about

Congrats good going

I scheduled for Tuesday. I have read over all of the does and don’t 500 times. I keep bugging my daughter to be sure to get sugar free everything over, and over. I’m stress about the surgery also. My PA reassured today where was nothing worry about. I trust both my PA and Surgeon. So I have decided to let go and let God.

Nicelady everything will be good. I started early and had everything set before the pre op diet. I was excited as i went through that door. And i had surgery the 15th of july. I went from 538 to 506 with in a month. I earned my next ty baby. I thought ty babies because it was not something to eat and i can cuddle with them as the bed space grows. Lol

I was worrying a lot, too. Then I decided to Let Go and Let God. Things went great. The last thing I remember was the nurse giving me an IV to help me relax. That was in the surgical prep room. The next thing I remember was waking up in my hospital room about three and a half hours later. I've been forcing myself to sip water. And the only other thing I really want right now is broth, either chicken or beef. I had surgery Wednesday and was home by Friday night. I was given scripts for pain and for muscle spasms. They are really working to keep the pain away.

Back