• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

5 months out

GCooper

Tomorrow marks the Anniversary of my bypass and havnt been on much lately. I currently have lost 72 pounds, and needed to update my profile. The past few weeks have been hared because I have not lost a pound, put a couple on , lost that, now I'm dealing with wanting things that arnt necessarily bad, but not what I should be eating. I feel llike my portions are getting bigger ( probably not) but feel like I can eat more and I kinds snack alot, on healthy stuff mostly, but I do snack alot cause I have a hard time still eating a meal. I';m wondering if the snacking is making the weight loss slow down. I worrry that I eat too much. Anyone else having this issue? Exercise twice a week for an hour to hour half. I'm just worried that I'm not going to reach my goal and I'm eating too much.

Well according to my bariatric bible they sent home with me... Its called slowing down weight loss by snacking. Eating between meals, and often things we aren't suppose to have. Stop it and also drink that water and pounds will drop again
Good Luck
Angie

I snack also. I still cannot eat very much at one time. I usually eat something inbetween meals and in the evening. My surgeon tells me that I will get into trouble this way. I dont disagree, just cant get enough in to last more than a couple of hours. and dont know about anyone else, but when i get hungry, it is an intense, hunger pangs that I feel. I have to put something in there to stop it from hurting. I am still losing, but I am careful to make sure I get in at least 60 grams of protein.

Back