• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

5 weeks post op

Laura Boo

Doing great! Thank God for frozen smoothie bars and lentil soup/potato/soup/black bean soup/ LOL. Had full gastric bypass and am down 20 pounds. Anyone want to swap recipes?

Sure :) My favorite 'sweet' thing since I can't handle sugar anymore is yogurt bark. It's a frozen treat that is tasty! I just take a large container of Oikos triple zero greek yogurt (15g protein) and add a scoop of Syntrax flavored protein powder (23g protein) and mix well. I lay that out on parchment paper on a cookie sheet and spread it out. I then top with fruit of choice and granola. I freeze it for a few hours, then break it all apart and throw it in a freezer bowl and I can grab a sweet treat that isn't a sugar free fudge pop when I want, plus it is packed with protein. :)

That sounds yummy. Haven't had anything like granola yet. I've been enjoying my home made nice cream pops but worry about the sugar content in bananas. For post op I think I'm taking in too many calories so am trying to go protein shake free today to see how that goes. I put some flavorless powder on my lentil soup for lunch and had a Brussels sprout. I noticed over the last week I have been averaging between 700 - 900 calories a day and I think that's high. I read I should be keeping closer to 600 so will see how I do without the shakes. I confess I tend to snack on the low fat yogurts a bit and I think that's tipping me over. It'll be better when I go back to work. Boredom is a killer for dieters! How far post op are you?

I'm at 9 months post op. I have difficulty getting above 500 calories a day. o_O I do try, but it seems so hard!

Back