• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

5 weeks post op

Vickya

I'm getting frustrated because I'm 5 weeks post op and I cant hold any food down. Has anyone heard of this before

I've been at my drs office every week and they continue to say it's me healing. This week I'm going back after two weeks and I've been getting sick since Friday and now I have kidney stones

My dr wanted me on scrambled eggs the first week out but I was throwing up that so he said stay on liquids. The only liquid i can hold down is smart water no protein shakes or any other.

You are going to become dangerously malnourished if you can't check the nausea. Let's face it, you could have saved yourself the trouble of surgery by starving yourself and achieved the same thing. Are you exaggerating or are you holding back from your doc? You can't live unless You get sustenance. We can't help except to urge you to get clear with a medical professional. Please try harder to get a straight answer.

Since you want to go the route of I'm exaggerating or holding back from my dr. 1st I lost 45 pounds in four weeks. 2nd my job can tell anyone what I eat bc I'm there 15 hours a day and they see what I eat and watch me run to the bathroom and throw up. As I said I go to the dr every week and even had a emergency cat scan. Bc one of the dr in the practice say there was something wrong

It sounds like I offended you. If so, please accept my apologies.

Your post terrified me. Five weeks without food? That has to lead to malnutrition. You asked if anyone had heard of this & I think it's fair to say we haven't, because no one with that profile would live very long.

This forum is not a place where medical advice can be given. I totally support you, but you're in a crisis only a doctor can fix.

I think part of the pathology of obesity is that we conceal our behavior from people, including doctors. We also try to defend our lives to others by exaggerating how well we're doing in our private lives.

I was trying to figure out how a doctor could allow you to suffer during such a critical time in your recovery. I don't understand, but I know what I'd be doing if I were in your shoes. Letting you starve is unacceptable.

No offense intended. I hope things are better today.

Vicky keep your head up. You can make it through this. Keep trying. I know it is stressful but the surgery is done. You knew when you went there would be a big change. Now fight through this change. You know how you would have morning sickness while you are pregnant. Women makes it through that giving birth and being a jungle gym for our kids. You can handle this. Remember to take the meds like the doctor says and stay active. Have you thought about getting a clear protein powder to put into your waters. it may help.

Ty for your encouraging words. I knew that I would have to change but everyone I know friends and family members who had the same surgery they never heard of such issues. They were eating by the third week and they had no problems. So I'm very depressed because I'm hungry and i cant eat.

key words "everybody else". You are you. You are not like everybody else. Your body is adjusting to the change still. You can handle it. I believe you can. One step at a time. Is the foods you try got sugar in it. Sugar can cause dumping syndrome. It makes you throw up. keep an eye out for that.

No nothing with sugar. I've tried chicken, tuna, salmon,, scrambled eggs, beef , pork, yogurt, ragotti cheese, sugar free ice pops, soup, broth. And literally it's a teaspoon full.

Maybe your body just needs a little more time. stressing over it will not help the problem. Just do as the doctor say to do and you should be fine. You got this. Keep in mind why you did it and take it one step at a time.

Back