• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

6 days ago +hiatal hernia

Dreams

Hello everyone! So glad I found your place here so I have others to read and learn from starting today. My surgery went as planned with the exception of the hernia being found and repaired. At the time of this writing I am in my hotel room and waiting for Thursday so I can have my G tube removed and I fly home on Friday. Not much pain besides the g tube.
Don't have a lot to share but wanted to at least make one post before turning in for the night. I'm doing everything by the letter as well. I do so hope I will find a comfortable position for sleep tonight. Lol. Yeah....back sleeping. Hahha.

Have a great night everyone.

Dreams

Hello dreams,i am alittle behind u im still on my pre opp diet shakes my surgery is on the 12th of aug so a few days to go, i am so excited and nervous. I hope everything goes well with ur recovery.

Hi hunger buddy.....so excited for you. I will look forward to reading you as you recover and learn of your experience.

Hi dreams, how r u doing? Recovery going smooth? I hope so.I have a sister in jeaunau ak. And a cuz in sitka kenney river??? Dont know the details he married a princess from somewhere we haven seen him in years. Ill b taking a trip to see my sis the end of summer. Where r u located.

PHP:
Hi dreams, how r u doing? Recovery going smooth? I hope so.I have a sister in jeaunau ak. And a cuz in sitka kenney river??? Dont know the details he married a princess from somewhere we haven seen him in years. Ill b taking a trip to see my sis the end of summer. Where r u located.

Hey hunger buddy,

I am finally home and feeling pretty good. A bit sore but not anything that I would consider painful. The removal of the G tube was THE answer to my discomfort last week. As soon as it was removed I had relief. At this writing I am sat in my living room looking out the window and hoping to see a bit of sunshine!!! We have had a beautiful summer this year but it has been raining and cloudy last two days. I'm not ready for winter or see the snow fly. I live right outside Anchorage but I have traveled to Juneau and LOVE it. I travel to Valdez on a regular basis for work which is another beautiful place. I will have to email/PM you my fickr acct so you can see the state or at least see what I have seen. :)

Are you getting excited for your surgery? I know it is on the 12th. I wish I had something wonderful to offer you but my limited experience keeps me mostly silent. However, I will share my own experience as quickly as possible. Stay positive. Don't expect too much from yourself right after surgery. Remember that you are human and it is ok to go a bit slow at first BUT do move. I am a nurse as well as a patient and I can tell you without any doubt that THE worst thing you can do post is NOT move. It is imperative to walk, but don't over do it either. Make sure you remind yourself that you are doing good things for yourself. Every step you make down that hall is one step in helping you heal. Be honest about your needs/fears too. Don't tell you providers what you "think" they want to hear. Tell them the truth no matter how silly it may seems. For the most part they really want to see you succeed and it gives them a bit of happiness to see a patient push themselves for if the only reason that that patient WANTS to be healthy.

And at last (I am so guilty)...don't except your body to respond the way you think it should. My body was clear with limitations and I was highly frustrated by being held back. I still am. Remember I am JUST home from surgery. I've had nine days to recover but I tell you that everyday since surgery has been better than the one before.

Keep you head up. Smile on your face. and if you don't remember anything else remember this: TURN, COUGH, DEEP BREATHE AND WALK!!

There is nothing worse than a patient who refuses to do any of those. Refusal to work / move your body and you lungs can lead to major problems and more pain than you bargained.

I think you will do wonderful. I have learned so much about myself through this experience. OMG>..I am shutting up or I'll be blogging instead of sending a reply. LOL.

Take care and I'm looking forward to reading more of your experience.

Dreams

Dreams, u mademy day i havent smiled so wide in a while,not that im not a happy person ur just great! id love to see more of ak,if u wouldnt mind i would love that. Ive been onthe move for the last two weeks i know how important that will b, alot of swimming while the weather is good then ill have to go to an indoor im not much on walking, but my husband did buy me a walker for the house ill have to use it some day lol. I know im bad. I will work on that but for now the swimming is good for me, i tend to over work so im looking forward for the down time let outhers tend to me but i will turn,caugh, deep breath and walk. Thanks for the advice. hope to here from u soon hunger buddy

Back