• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

6 Month Milestone

Good Evening Friends,

Hope all is well with everyone. I hope you all had a great summer and are looking forward to the fall. Fall is my favorite season...the colors here in upstate NY are so beautiful!
Today is my 6th month anniversary and I have lost a total of 65 pounds. When I went to my check up a week ago the nurse told me my goal was 141. I started at 206 and I think
141 is a not much of a weight loss goal. Previously, I have been told I should weigh 118. Maybe my doctor sets goals a little low so that they can be achieved easier and their success rate
is higher. For the most part it has been an easy journey. There are still some foods that don't agree with me and to be honest sometimes it is such a struggle to get 64 ounces of fluids
down. On the upside...I think my hair loss has slowed down and hopefully will start growing back :) I was laid off in June and throughout the summer I had a very limited wardrobe. I
hope I get a job soon and then I will be able to purchase a new wardrobe! LOL...as of today, I have 2 pairs of shorts that fit, 2 pair of pants I can wear with a belt (something I haven't
been able to do in years) and I have 1 dress. I'm going to have to purchase some clothing soon if I have to go on an interview :)

Wishing you all a successful WL journey!! Hugs, Nancy

I think your goal might be a little much, but that is really between you and your provider. Please remember your success is not measured by the numbers on a scale. You are doing great and keep up the good work.

Second, try some of the second hand stores. Your at a weight where you should have a lot of clothing options.

You have done so great, of course our 6 month timeline is the same but I got off on my Appts so I don't go till Oct 3 rd. I feel really good most days. I with ya on the 64oz water. It's my struggle everyday. I'm down 95 lbs. wanting to hit 100 lbs lost b4 my appt. but I'm on a lose good one week then nothing for a week. But that's ok. My goal is 145 getting excited every lb I get closer. I also have to wear a belt with everything I wear or they fall off. Gonna try an make it a little longer b4 I buy anything. My hair loss as slowed too. I think we are both in a very good place. Take care an keep up the good work. Donna

I understand your confusion about the goal weight your nurse gave you. I felt the same when I was told that they'd be happy to have me at 220 pounds. I suspect that's because the majority of my health issues would be resolved at that weight. My goal for myself at the time was 170-180. They had no problem with that. Now that I'm further out and I feel like I'm getting into a more "normal" (well, normal for me I guess! :) ) routine, I realized that I just want to be a healthy amount under 200 pounds. I think that's a realistic goal for my lifestyle and I'm already feeling great at my current weight and am more satisfied with my "appearance" than I've been in years! I guess, to me, the rest of the weight is just icing on the cake....okay, bad analogy! :)

Back