• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

6 months and 1 week out from Gastric By-pass

OK I am amazed, I have lost a total of 137 pounds..

I have gone from a size 30/32 down to a 12 / 14 in this time frame...

I am at the point where I look like a bag of saggy baggy skin, LOL... LOL I am a skin bag right now.

I am not eligible for any skin revision until after the 1 year point...

Between my belly, thighs and another area I had a recent skin sagging, rubbing, sweat issue, irritation and clothing rubbing irritation issue called, Cellulitis.

Yay, NOT.. That is one painful experience I would not wish on anyone. The dang thing popped up, literally, within 12 hours..

Anyone else experiencing any thing saggy baggy skin related?

OK I am amazed, I have lost a total of 137 pounds..

I have gone from a size 30/32 down to a 12 / 14 in this time frame...

I am at the point where I look like a bag of saggy baggy skin, LOL... LOL I am a skin bag right now.

I am not eligible for any skin revision until after the 1 year point...

Between my belly, thighs and another area I had a recent skin sagging, rubbing, sweat issue, irritation and clothing rubbing irritation issue called, Cellulitis.

Yay, NOT.. That is one painful experience I would not wish on anyone. The dang thing popped up, literally, within 12 hours..

Anyone else experiencing any thing saggy baggy skin related?

You're doing awesome Stinkerbelle. Keep up the great work!

My skin is doing better than I expected except my upper arms are wrinkled like a Sharpei dog. My arms aren't really droopy, just wrinkled. Also right under my chin is a wrinkled droopy spot... as I loose more weight it may get worse. Oh well! I'll finish losing my weight then I'll figure out my plastic surgery!

Cheyenne

You're doing awesome Stinkerbelle. Keep up the great work!

My skin is doing better than I expected except my upper arms are wrinkled like a Sharpei dog. My arms aren't really droopy, just wrinkled. Also right under my chin is a wrinkled droopy spot... as I loose more weight it may get worse. Oh well! I'll finish losing my weight then I'll figure out my plastic surgery!

Cheyenne

LOL, I have the under arm wings.. My neighbors 7 year old calls the "goozles" lol.... I tell her "I am going to flapp these goozles so hard Ill be able to fly around and chase you.. " LOL.. That always makes the lil one belly laugh... :)

My 3 chins are now 1 drooping chin, ;).. Almost looks like a turkey waddle... Without the gobbling, ;) LOL, That will be taken care of after December.

My eye lids are a mess.. Having almond shaped eyes has made the lids an issue..... I have been referred out for lid revision because it is causing visual impairment....

My belly looks like a post pregnancy marshmallow belly right now...

And my thighs.. I have gone from Booming, Screaming Thunder Thighs to Oh Dear God they are slappin, flappin and clappin all on their own, LOL... LOL

My butt is no longer the Brazilian Butt of dreams it is now heart shapes and holding its own for now...

LOL, I have the under arm wings.. My neighbors 7 year old calls the "goozles" lol.... I tell her "I am going to flapp these goozles so hard Ill be able to fly around and chase you.. " LOL.. That always makes the lil one belly laugh... :)

My 3 chins are now 1 drooping chin, ;).. Almost looks like a turkey waddle... Without the gobbling, ;) LOL, That will be taken care of after December.

My eye lids are a mess.. Having almond shaped eyes has made the lids an issue..... I have been referred out for lid revision because it is causing visual impairment....

My belly looks like a post pregnancy marshmallow belly right now...

And my thighs.. I have gone from Booming, Screaming Thunder Thighs to Oh Dear God they are slappin, flappin and clappin all on their own, LOL... LOL

My butt is no longer the Brazilian Butt of dreams it is now heart shapes and holding its own for now...

I forgot about my eye lids. They are so wrinkled and droopy, I'm sure I'll need them fixed, too.

My NUT told me not to get any plastc surgery until after 18 month because most people continue to lose weigh for that long after sugery. I'm not sure if I can wait that long especially my eye lids.

I don't think I will join in on this imagery!

:)

Both of you sound like you are doing awesome. If skin revision is needed and you can do it, then do it!

The fact that you are down to 190 after a little over 6 months is simply fantastic.

For me, I have the belly sag and that is about it. All my excess weight was my belly. Now I get into a size 39 slack comfortably and just recently was able to zip up a 38 pair of pants; albeit a bit tight. They will be fine in another couple of months.

I have some sag under the arms but no big deal. If I end up somehow able to get the excess skin removed I may, but it isn't enough of a bother for me at this point.

Ralph

Back