• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

6 weeks of liquid diet

xombina

Bah! This is me whining... I was soooo excited for phase 3 after a whole month of liquid diet. Last week I thought about complaining but figured just one more week, I can make it without needing to share my misery. But then I got my next phase and all they added was some egg whites, cottage cheese, and new protein powders. I even double checked to be sure, and yup... 2 more weeks of mostly liquid and dairy.

I am all.... Really?! Seriously?!

I have to say ... I am going to eat the hell out of those eggs! :D

Haha! I feel your pain! I am nearly 9 months out and I eat a few fruits, cottage cheese, applesauce, yogurt and crackers, even though I'm not really supposed to eat crackers...but the nutritionist says go for it since my exercise is eating through 2000 calories and my intake is only around 450 calories with the crackers. I forgot what good food tastes like at this point, it seems like a dream and my life evolves around a liquid protein diet. :rolleyes: I'm slowly adding chicken though, baby steps!

Bah! This is me whining... I was soooo excited for phase 3 after a whole month of liquid diet. Last week I thought about complaining but figured just one more week, I can make it without needing to share my misery. But then I got my next phase and all they added was some egg whites, cottage cheese, and new protein powders. I even double checked to be sure, and yup... 2 more weeks of mostly liquid and dairy.

I am all.... Really?! Seriously?!

I have to say ... I am going to eat the hell out of those eggs! :D

Haha! I feel your pain! I am nearly 9 months out and I eat a few fruits, cottage cheese, applesauce, yogurt and crackers, even though I'm not really supposed to eat crackers...but the nutritionist says go for it since my exercise is eating through 2000 calories and my intake is only around 450 calories with the crackers. I forgot what good food tastes like at this point, it seems like a dream and my life evolves around a liquid protein diet. :rolleyes: I'm slowly adding chicken though, baby steps!

Wow! That's a very long time. It's only been a week and a day for me and I'm ready for actual food. My measly 6 weeks is nothing compared to your near 1 yr of not chewing an actual meal. I notice that the phases vary by doctor. But 9 months.... That's a bit much I think

I went to a support group meeting today. There is a cracker called Wisp that is on top of the salad case in the deli at Walmart. It is expensive but ok to eat. I will have to check it out. Also, a man was there today. He could not eat a whole egg over easy for the first time. Hang in there.

Why are you not eating real meat yet, I was eating chicken about a month after surgery

Why are you not eating real meat yet, I was eating chicken about a month after surgery

I had a chest repair done at the same time as the bypass surgery, which severely restricted anything but liquid for the first 3 months. My tummy actually rejected the bypass surgery altogether, so I had severe nausea for nearly 6 months on top of that. I survived through protein drinks primarily. Now eating is a really hit or miss, sometimes my tummy accepts the food and I can eat it, most of the time it rejects food in general and I end up sick for a few hours. I am able to eat grilled chicken now most days :) I can eat green beans and cream corn too so my food list is expanding. I am able to keep peanut butter down too so that is nice! I am slowly reentering the food world, but it is baby steps the whole way, my new tummy is very opinionated and doesn't work well with what I think I can eat verses what it will allow me to eat. I'm hoping eventually my brain and tummy will get along again. :p

I had a chest repair done at the same time as the bypass surgery, which severely restricted anything but liquid for the first 3 months. My tummy actually rejected the bypass surgery altogether, so I had severe nausea for nearly 6 months on top of that. I survived through protein drinks primarily. Now eating is a really hit or miss, sometimes my tummy accepts the food and I can eat it, most of the time it rejects food in general and I end up sick for a few hours. I am able to eat grilled chicken now most days :) I can eat green beans and cream corn too so my food list is expanding. I am able to keep peanut butter down too so that is nice! I am slowly reentering the food world, but it is baby steps the whole way, my new tummy is very opinionated and doesn't work well with what I think I can eat verses what it will allow me to eat. I'm hoping eventually my brain and tummy will get along again. :p
Ugh, sorry about that I didn't realize. But I'm glad you are adding more food to your list of things to eat

wow! I was complaining about 4 weeks of liquid diet...I am so sorry! I have been told that it is very different from patient to patient. I am really hoping to get released to the full bariatric diet at my two week checkup because i have mostly lived on cream soup with unflavored protein powder since I got home. I have never been so sick of liquid. Praying your stomach decides to get along with your brain!

Back