• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

77 days out from Surgery and feeling great

Well here I am 77 days out, 87 pounds lighter and gall bladder free.

I am having some surgical related tiredness due to having 2 major surgeries within 2 months. I am now back up to my reasonably normal walking routine. I am having to stop here and there if I get the cramping related to the gallbladder surgery.

It is so wonderful to be nausea free since having my gallbladder removed. My surgeon ordered a HIDA Scan which showed my gallbladder was not working at all. I knew this was a real possibility due to the rapid weight loss and the fact the gallbladder typically can not handle processing that amount of fat over long periods... Better out than in.

I will say this much, The damn gall bladder surgery was quiet painful for me. This bugger slowed me down, hurt like the dickens and was far more physically exhaustive for me. I actually had to use pain meds for almost a week after this experience ( I am not a fan of any type of pain medications pharmaceutical or OTC including Tylenol and such.) I was actually walking stooped over for a few days post gallbladder surgery.

VS

My RNY which was pain free. As most of you know I was up in the recovery room going for a walk, LOL. I was up and running as soon as I was back in my room post-op, had my cath out and walking the hallways.

I am feeling great, look wonderful and now coping with the fat brain vs slender body thoughts.
I am still shocked to walk by a window or mirror, glance over, stopping and having to do a double take to look at my evolving body.
My brain is slowly catching up with my body changes. It takes some time but it has forced me to slow down and appreciate all of the wonderful nuances associated with weight loss, body changes, emotions and self acceptance.

I am baffled by neighbors, (same home for 11 years now mind you) who would not talk to me much less look at me when I was at my heaviest now stop and attempt to engage me in conversation, attempt to invite / include my husband and I in social engagements or just invite me to come over and visit..
I am still who I was at my heaviest, nothing has changed other than my physical size, how I view food and my how I cope and deal with people.
My husband, standing next to me was getting tickled about of how I dealing with these folks.
I have 2 neighbors(who never in 11 years acknowledged me or my family) actually ambush me in an attempt to find out about my weight loss and comment on how good I looked. I was getting the typical, "Oh how much have you lost?" my response was, "A whole lot.. "
then it shifted to, "How did you do it?" I told them both, "I stopped shoving food in my pie hole." Now mind you my husband is trying to keep a straight face because he knows how nasty these 2 people have been to others in the neighborhood.
The questioning intensified and continued for a few more minutes which culminated with me making the comment, "You know I am the same person I was the day I moved in. You wanted nothing to do with me for 11 years, why now?
What has changed you 2 so much that you so concerned with my weight loss and my well being?"
It was quiet funny to see them dumbfounded when it registered that they were not going to get the answers they sought. If they did not want anything to do with me then, why now?
I do not get shallow people like that.

As we walked away my husband whispered in my ear, "Honey you handled that very well."

Stinkerbelle,

You have handled your "neighbors" very well. A whole lot better than I would have. I am very outspoken and grew up in NY. I don't hold my tongue. Their feelings would've been HURT lol. Great job. Glad you are doing so much better with your gall bladder out. Your weightloss is awesome. Keep up the excellent work.

TillieS

Stinkerbelle,

You have handled your "neighbors" very well. A whole lot better than I would have. I am very outspoken and grew up in NY. I don't hold my tongue. Their feelings would've been HURT lol. Great job. Glad you are doing so much better with your gall bladder out. Your weightloss is awesome. Keep up the excellent work.

TillieS

Thank you Miss Tillie...

Trust me it was very hard for me to hold my tongue with those 2 dorks.. That is why my husband found so much humor in the situation, LOL...

I am a very outspoken, as most of you have seen in several of my posts, southern gal who can place a zing on someone before they know what is hitting them in.

Those 2 were not and are not worth my effort or energy, LOL.

Tillie you will do awesome as well....

Great way in handling your neighbors. You are definitely right, if they did not want anything to do with you before, than why bother now. Good for you!! So great that you are doing so well and have lost so much weight. I am post op 1 month and have lost 25 lbs, and I already walk past mirrors and say "wow". It feels good to not feel sick and tired anymore. Well continue with your success! Good luck!!

Great way to not answer questions! There are a lot of rude people in the world and they don't need to know everything about you just because they feel like asking.

Back