• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

8/25/22

How are you doing?
I had to take chewable vitamins post op, but I couldn't stomach them..so disgusting. I talked to my team and they allowed me to basically not worry about it till 2 weeks post-op when I was cleared for swallowing pills and capsules.
Yeah I had to masch 2 of my vitamins and I had another one that Dissolves in your mouth, I have no pain I feel a little discomfort when I have get up to walk.

I was given liquid codeine with tylenol and many of my supplements were also liquid. Of course, I didn't take many supplements for several months, just two daily multivitamins.

I don't know how many meds and supplements are available in liquid form, but I think it's worth asking your nutritionist or dietician. Now I just use two chewable multivitamins and then swallow solid supplements with water. But I think pill-taking is really hard for a lot of people. That's why it's good to consult with your bariatric team.

Congratulations, Adriana.

Back