• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

8 weeks post op

atalley75

Hi all,

I am 8 weeks post op from gastric sleeve. I have been cleared to start my high protein low carb meal plan. I have eaten tons of tuna, fish and grilled chicken. There have been times that I have “cheated” such as ate 3 crackers with tuna fish to have some kind of crunch; ate a half cup of lasagna with ground beef in it with a piece of bread. I in no way have gone back to my eating habits but I also know that with my emotional eating habits that if I have to have a small bite of something carby or sweet; I allow myself that small amount. I get tons of protein in a day but am going over my 20 carb limit some days. I’m seeking advice on whether this is normal.

It's definitely early to be adding those types of carbs. In my bariatric program they were really specific on what we could and should have post op and then after a period of time, maintenance. There are Quest chips that are really favorable and then you can sweeten something with sucralose.

Back