• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

9 months and down 61lbs.

Carolyn270

I feel a little better now that i just faced things and went to my 9th month follow up. My scale is not so far off theirs. I am currently 276. Problem is I have been for a couple of weeks. I was told at 6 months to lose 17 by this time and i lost a whopping 11. Says I'm doing good though. Pfft. I guess. I think the thing that irks me is not so much as how much I weigh but not accomplishing goals in a certain time frame. It probably shouldnt bother me but...there ya have it. I think now that fruits are all the rage in this season I will do better. Hopeful.

I think your doing great Carolyn! Keep up the great work. I think the ups and downs, side effects and set backs can have us all on an emotional roller coaster and it is so hard to get on track and stay there. I'm glad things are getting better and your hopeful! :)

Carolyn, you're doing great! I think all the health care professionals put too much pressure on us to lose weight at a certain speed. But, you know as well as I do, that everyone's body is a little different and we're each going to lose weight at different rates. After the roller coaster I went through with the PA telling me I was losing weight too fast and the dietitian telling me I was losing too slow, I decided that as long as the scale doesn't go up and it goes down most of the time, that's the best I can do! Also, my appointments have been at different times of day and seasons. My weight can fluctuate up to 5 lbs in a day depending on what time of day it is and what kind of clothes I have on! So Carolyn, give yourself a break . . . you are succeeding!!:cool:

I feel a little better now that i just faced things and went to my 9th month follow up. My scale is not so far off theirs. I am currently 276. Problem is I have been for a couple of weeks. I was told at 6 months to lose 17 by this time and i lost a whopping 11. Says I'm doing good though. Pfft. I guess. I think the thing that irks me is not so much as how much I weigh but not accomplishing goals in a certain time frame. It probably shouldnt bother me but...there ya have it. I think now that fruits are all the rage in this season I will do better. Hopeful.
Sometimes it gets frustrating, I have been struggling to lose the last 10 lbs for over the last 6 months. Then I just had my gallbladder removed and gained 5 lbs on fluid and gas, but I am happy to keep off the 140 lbs I have lost. So look at all the positive changes you have made and even if it takes longer than, we would like.

Back