• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

A new start

Hello everyone, I am 33 years and recently was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I've been heavy all my life, with my heaviest being 290lbs. I am a stress/binge eater and use food as a way to cope. I've started my process for my VSG procedure and I'm filled with some many different emotions, I am excited for this new chapter in my life and happy that for once I can do something for me and make my happiness matter. I can't wait to also connect with so many of you and get a sense of support and community. I've seen nothing but support and encourage in this group and I already feel comfortable.

Hi Happiestme2023, welcome to this site! I had VSG Jan 9th and looking back now, have no idea why I waited so long to have the surgery. I too have been heavy all my life and a stress/binge eater, and glad I finally picked up the phone last August and did the serious research to begin the process.

Back