• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Acid Reflex med

Dlkm

I posted on my ordeal with acid reflex med after having my gastric bypass surgery. I went today for my 1wk check up and was asking my PA what the reasoning was for the acid reflex medicine after the surgery given I had no issues with it prior to surgery. In short she said that it was to coat my stomach to help keep me from forming stomach ulcers and a hiatial (sp?) hernia. So they have switched my acid reflex med and I pick up the new one tomorrow. Praying that I don't have a issue with it!

I posted on my ordeal with acid reflex med after having my gastric bypass surgery. I went today for my 1wk check up and was asking my PA what the reasoning was for the acid reflex medicine after the surgery given I had no issues with it prior to surgery. In short she said that it was to coat my stomach to help keep me from forming stomach ulcers and a hiatial (sp?) hernia. So they have switched my acid reflex med and I pick up the new one tomorrow. Praying that I don't have a issue with it!
I didnt have issues with it right away either but when it hit it was horrible. For some people the surgery can cause acid reflux

Reactions: Meg
I had terrible heartburn/acid reflux right after surgery. On & off all day and I wasn’t getting much sleep at night. I was already taking Prilosec (and will be for 3 months) but they also added Pepsid at bedtime. After starting the pepsid and moving to the purée stage, the reflux was gone! Thank God!

They put me on Protonix in the hospital and I couldn't tolerate it as I was having severe muscle cramping in my back to the point where I was in tears. They took me off that the day after I came home from the hospital! Thank God! They switched me to Prilosec which I had taken years back so I knew I would have no issues with it and I haven't since I started taking it! Thank you Lord!

Back