• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Acid reflux

Tokash

Currently having a not so great bout. I thought I was because I have been drinking to much coffee, 2 cups a day instead of one, but have been researching trigger foods and wondering if it's not something else. I have recently switched how I make my coffee- 2 tablespoons of heavy cream blended to thicken it on top of my cold brew(most of the time but do have some coffee that is milk or protein shake instead).

Any foods that can help calm the acid?

Is it only after you drink coffee?

I haven't nailed it down to be honest. I have been having 1 cup a day for a long time last couple weeks its moved to 2. I drink 99% of the time cold brew. My foods have not changed much so I am contributing it to that. However, I will say I have been drinking the past couple weekends so that could have been a trigger. I am in a stretch of a couple days where I have noticed the burning throat but nothing as bad as it was post surgery before increasing meds. I have had other times where it would act up a bit but a couple tums would settle it and I would be fine.

Back