• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Additional diet months

Ok, well I did the 6 month doctor supervised diet but there was a small problem. My 5th month appointment was Jan. 25th, but I had to reschedule due to car issues. The rescheduled date was the next week, which fell into the first week of Feb., so when my 6 months was finally completed they said I actually missed Jan. and I had to start the process over (starting in Feb.). Needless to say I was sad to find out I have to do 4 additional months. At this pace I will be finished in July 2013. Im so anxious to get this done with and start losing this extra weight, cause my feet are killing me lol (I work in the auto industry and Im on my feet 10 hours a day, 6 days a week). My question is, once these final months are completed, how long does it take to get a surgery date? I have completed all the other requirements and I have Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance. From what the insurance coordinator told me, they do not have to submit any paperwork to Blue Cross Blue Shield before the actual surgery, they submit it after the surgery is completed. This is why I have to start the process over because any missed months will cause the insurance company not to pay for the procedure. Im just tired and anxious to get this done. I hope it wont take long to schedule an surgery date once the last four months are finished.

Back