• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

after care support

lorilou

Im years out and i dont remember what the food requirements were like amounts and whats allowed or not. Im out of control. does anyone have their original list of what they could or couldnt eat? Amounts ? and vitamins ? Thank You

Im years out and i dont remember what the food requirements were like amounts and whats allowed or not. Im out of control. does anyone have their original list of what they could or couldnt eat? Amounts ? and vitamins ? Thank You
There are all kinds of dietary plans for post-op eating, all over the internet. There isn't just one that works for everyone. You may be able to contact a bariatric clinic or surgeon in your area and ask for a check-up and consultation with a nutritionist, who will send you home with all kinds of helpful paperwork. It really has to be based on you and the vital statistics of your body and health, which will be assessed at a medical appointment.

You already know you're out of control, so don't keep allowing that by trying to take shortcuts to fix it. There may be all kinds of weird reasons you've gone off the rails. You're not a doctor. Let a doctor figure it out.

Youre not a doctor. Let a doctor figure it out. Wow !! okay i guess this isnt support. I was basically looking for advice from others. Thank You anyways I will remove myself. Have a Great Day.

Here is a list that another member received from her team.

But, after the phases its really mostly standard foods, at standard serving sizes. Protein first, veggies next, a small amount of carbs after.

I eat apprx. a cup of food per meal, if that helps. The best thing to do might be to start measuring your intake again and inputting it into your preferred app. Good luck!

Youre not a doctor. Let a doctor figure it out. Wow !! okay i guess this isnt support. I was basically looking for advice from others. Thank You anyways I will remove myself. Have a Great Day.
i didn't mean to sound critical. I say that to people all the time, hoping to help them realize they need a doctor's opinion.

Oh my. I question the purpose here. Yes we support each other but it really is about being open and honest with your bariatric team when you run into problems. No matter how many years post op you are. How soon did things change? Did you meet your goals? Did you learn to eat around your program? I am 2.5 years but I still have issues to recognize and address, that is mine and I own it. My bariatric team is great and willing to help. Here I come to listen, support and learn more things. May your journey be safe.

One of the things I see on Back on Track programs is to take yourself back to full liquids and reset. If you think about it, it's a good resetting point. Protein drinks, yogurt, not much to have to make decisions about. When you dial it back it gives you and opportunity to step out of the hysteria and let your brain relax. No food to worry about, just full liquids.

Please don't go. Once in awhile you run across someone who's harsh but it usually has to do with their own issues and frustrations. There seems to be lots of people here who are welcoming and compassionate.

You came here for help not hurt. I am sorry you have been made to feel as though you can't securely ask a question. Harsh treatment of other online 'members' is the problem. Did you report their replies?

I'm a very blunt person. Further, words that are written don't have inflections, so you can't make them sound helpful if the recipient doesn't feel helped. I was trying to say ask a professional because in the many years I've been here, people have jumped to conclusions or refused to ask for professional help because they got the wrong advuce and perception from reading another post..

I'm sorry my words came off the wrong way but they weren't intended to be hurtful. In addition to what I said above, I've had four deaths in my circle lately, which I've written about to this group. I've been so deeply depressed I've contemplated suicide several times. I've been posting much less because I've been in pain.

I think everyone deserves a break, especially when a person is usually helpful and supportive and has demonstrated that in 5,000 posts over 16 years, and suddenly it appears there's been a negative change. But I also support members who feel offended and wish to report others. I've done the same thing.

My offensive words were "You're not a doctor." That's a simple and true phrase, but it came off wrong. Sometimes people use this group for answers instead of telling a doctor. With a surgical procedure this serious, a doctor should be involved for every problem.

I made a clumsy mistake and I'm sorry. I hope people can understand and those who know me can support me, that we can drop it and move on. There's nothing to be gained by making this into a bigger deal. If you need more from me, please ask, or feel free to hate me or resent me. But on balance, I don't think I deserve to be written off because I made a comment that was taken the wrong way.

Gentleness goes a long way. Strong-minded people are used to stating bluntly what's on their minds not realizing how it may be perceived. In my line of work I had to be a quick thinker, to the point, no room for anything else. Since retirement I have learned to slow down and think about what someone else is saying and the gentleness I want to use in my response.

Back