• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Alittle nervous about food...

Yvette-you are certainly welcome, I hope you are doing better and on the mend. I myself had a set back right after surgery and was back in the hospital due to pneumonia/collapsed lung which made the start of recovery pretty difficult. Hang in there and hopefully you will back home in no time!! ((Hugs of healing)) :)

Hi, I just joined this site, I had my surgery one week after you so we are in the same time frame. I get a little nervous about food too. I have had a couple of No No's, taco johns taco, which I had no problem eating, then I tried it again and threw up half way through it. I also haven't had any problem with nuts, but have kept them to a minimum. I think we all worry about going back to our old habits and we just need to use our surgery as a tool to keep us motivated to make the right choices. I wondered about my calorie intake, I am averaging 500 to 600 calories a day, I'm down 41 lbs as of now but I am hungrey, just cant' eat much. I also have problems getting my fluids in and only avg about 50 gms of protein daily.

do a double take when it come's to what u think is low in suger i have been finding a lot of sugar in thing's u wouldn't think it would be.

Back