• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Almost there!

Sarah Hodge

My surgery is in just a few days and I couldn't be more excited. That dreaded liquid diet hasn't been as bad as I thought though. It's been rough don't get me wrong. I've made it through ok until there was a potluck at work yesterday and it smelled amazing!! I just walked by the table to the microwave and heated up my broth. I stared at the food others were eating but I was able to resist taking a bite. That's a big deal for me so I feel I'm getting stronger in this journey. The he light is at the end of the tunnel. Surgery is Tuesday!! :)

My surgery is in just a few days and I couldn't be more excited. That dreaded liquid diet hasn't been as bad as I thought though. It's been rough don't get me wrong. I've made it through ok until there was a potluck at work yesterday and it smelled amazing!! I just walked by the table to the microwave and heated up my broth. I stared at the food others were eating but I was able to resist taking a bite. That's a big deal for me so I feel I'm getting stronger in this journey. The he light is at the end of the tunnel. Surgery is Tuesday!! :)
Yes the liquid diet is a fun one. Good luck on Tuesday, Mine is coming up on feb 14th. I agree the liquid diet does make you stronger. Just remember the feeling of resisting food during this faze, and you can get through anything... Again The best of luck in reaching your goal..

Thank you for the support! How are you doing? When do I have to go back on the liquid diet
Depending on your doctor still have a liquid diet after surgery for a week or 2.... Then you move to the next level pureed.... I am well thank you... Your day is coming up fast... best of luck....

Good job, hang in there. My surgeon has you do 21 days of liquids after the surgery. I am on day 11. It has not been as bad as I expected.

Back